This delicious and easy Homemade Granola is perfect for breakfast or a post-workout snack! Rich in fiber, energy-boosting and so easy to make! And it’s gluten-free & vegan.
Health benefits of oats
- Great source of fiber
- Rich in antioxidants
- Helps lower cholesterol levels
- Aids in lowering blood sugar levels
- Can help you lose weight
Tips on How to Make the Easy Homemade Granola:
- If granola does not seem crisp at any point, it can be refreshed by baking in a low-temperature oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Love granolas? Make a big batch of this recipe! Granola can be stored for up to 1 month.
- You can add dried fruits, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and many more options to your homemade Granola after baking it.
How to Make Easy Homemade Granola:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- rolled oats
- raw cashews
- brown sugar
- coconut flakes
- ground ginger
- sea salt
- olive oil
Before starting the mixing process, preheat oven to 275° F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper or a baking mat.
Roughly chop cashews to thirds and halves:
In a large bowl, add dry ingredients and mix until combined:
Next add water, olive oil, and toss until evenly distributed. The granola will look slightly moist:
Dump granola on the tray and flatten into an even layer. Do not press down firmly and leave air space as much as possible. Bake for 25 minutes, then stir to redistribute granola and bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring 2-3 times until granola is a dark golden brown.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container:
After cooling it down, store the granola into your favorite jar 🙂
This would make a delicious and healthy breakfast. Pour over your favorite milk!
Add in sliced fresh fruits like strawberries 🙂
This is a very filling and nutritious breakfast or snack!
Frequently Asked Questions for Easy Homemade Granola:
Q: How long does homemade granola stay fresh?
A: It could stay fresh up to a month. Just keep it in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
Q: Can I use this recipe to make granola bars?
A: Yes, you can use this recipe to make your favorite granola bars.
Q: Can you use almonds instead of cashews?
A: Yes, you can use almonds instead of cashews to mix with the other ingredients of this delicious granola recipe.
Q: Can coconut oil be used instead of olive oil?
A: Coconut oil
Q: What size is your large baking pan?
A: For this recipe, I used a 9 x 12-inch baking pan.
Q: Instead of using brown sugar, can I use maple syrup, honey, or agave syrup?
A: Yes, for sure. Drizzle and mix it thoroughly before baking it.
More delicious recipes to try!
- Easy Lemon Sheet Cake
- French Breakfast Bread
- Coconut Smoothie
- Vegan Banana Chocolate Muffins
- Filipino Vegan Corned Beef Hash
- Tsokolate (Filipino Hot Chocolate)
- Vegan Filipino Champorado
- Vegetarian Congee – Quick & Heartwarming
Easy Homemade Granola
- 4 cups rolled oats*
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews*
- ⅔ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 275° F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Roughly chop cashews to thirds and halves.
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Next add water, olive oil, and toss until evenly distributed. The granola will look slightly moist.
- Dump granola on the tray and flatten into an even layer. Do not press down firmly and leave air space as much as possible.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then stir to redistribute granola and bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring 2-3 times until granola is a dark golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Granola can be stored for up to 1 month.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!