Calamansi Juice is the Filipino version of lemonade and limeade. It is super refreshing and best served ice cold.
Strawberry lemonade has always been my go to drink, but when I was introduced to calamansi juice, it immediately became my only and favorite drink.
I seriously drank it all. the. time. To the point where I actually got sick, because I’m me, and I get sick when I drink or eat anything too sugary.
And since it’s warming up (at least in California), let’s kick it off with this delicious and refreshing calamansi juice.
Something to note, if you can’t find fresh calmansi, you can find bottled calamansi at your local Asian market.
Health benefits of Calamansi
- Increases collagen production
- Tones and refines skin when it is applied topically
- Strengthens the immune system
- Helps the body fight against viral and bacterial infections
- It purifies the organs of the body
- Cleanses the colon and relieves irregular bowel movement
- Helps lower the level of inflammation
- Helps control cholesterol levels of the body
- Hygienically, it helps prevent body odor when applied to the underarms after taking a shower.
Tips on How to Make Refreshing Calamansi Juice:
- Are you wondering how to choose the best Calamansi for juicing? You can squeeze the calamansi fruit slightly and if it’s a bit soft, then you can tell that it has a lot of juice inside it. You can also tell by its color. It has parts of it that have a slightly yellow tinge on its skin, then it’s perfect for juicing.
- Make Calamansi juice ahead and freeze it! Just take the right amount for serving each time or pour the pure calamansi juice into ice cubes and mix with water when you are craving for a delicious, refreshing natural drink!
- When it comes to sugar for the Calamansi juice, it is best to use organic sugar. You can choose from coconut sugar or honey to mix with the calamansi juice.
- If you have mint leaves at home, add crushed mint leaves to your calamansi juice for a delicious and more refreshing taste.
How to Make Refreshing Calamansi Juice:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- fresh calamansi juice
- organic sugar
- ice cubes
Wash calamansi thoroughly, slice calamansi, squeeze juice into a glass container and remove seeds.
Dilute 3 tablespoon sugar in 1 liter of water:
Add ¼ cup fresh calamansi juice:
Add ice cubes and water or keep refrigerated and best served cold:
It is a very nutritious and inexpensive way to make a delicious Calamansi juice! You can make this in big batches if you are hosting a summer party 🙂
Frequently Asked Questions for Refreshing Calamansi Juice:
Q: How often should I drink calamansi juice?
A: You can drink calamansi juice every day as long as you do it in moderation and with little or no sugar added.
Q: Does calamansi juice cure sore throat and cough?
A: It can help ease a sore throat, especially when added with ginger juice or ginger strips and taken while warm.
Q: How long does calamansi juice last when it is already squeezed?
A: It would last in the chiller for two to three days but it is best to squeeze it when you are about to use it.
Q: Is calamansi good for acid reflux?
A: Calamansi has a soothing substance for the stomach and there are many people who claim to drink it each morning on an empty stomach.
More Refreshing Drinks to Enjoy:Print
Squeeze your own Filipino Calamansi Juice, an authentic and tropical version of the famous lemonade!
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegan
- 1/4 cup fresh calamansi juice
- 3 tablespoon organic sugar
- 1 liter water
- ice cubes
- Wash calamansi thoroughly, slice calamansi, squeeze juice into a glass container and remove seeds.
- Dilute 3 tablespoon sugar in 1 liter of water.
- Add ¼ cup fresh calamansi juice.
- Add ice cubes or keep refrigerated and best served cold.
Keywords: calamansi juice
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!