Easy Vegan Chili made with kidney beans, pasta, and corn. This recipe is super flavorful, makes for a delicious vegetarian dinner and great for meal prep!
Tips & Variations:
- The dish can be stored up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
- Adding garnishes like grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, sliced or diced avocado, tortilla chips (crumbled if desired), additional cilantro or lime wedges take the chili to the next level!
- This recipe is very versatile, feel free to remove the pasta and add more beans like pinto or even black beans!
How to Make Easy Vegan Chili:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- olive oil
- chili powder
- cumin powder
- vegetable broth
- strozzapreti pasta
- kidney beans
- sweet corn
- fresh cilantro
- can diced tomatoes
- tomato purée
- agave syrup
- vegan cheese
Heat a large pot with oil on medium heat and fry onion and garlic until tender then add chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin powder, and salt.
Add vegetable broth, pasta, kidney beans, corn, cilantro, and diced tomatoes and mix until well combined. Bring to a boil then turn the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
Then stir in agave syrup and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
Sprinkle vegan cheese and serve hot.
Try more heartwarming recipes:
Easy Vegan Chili
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion minced
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 10 ounces strozzapreti pasta* uncooked
- 1 15 ounce kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sweet corn drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 14 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- vegan cheese garnish
- Heat a large pot with oil on medium heat and fry onion and garlic until tender. Then add chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin powder, and salt.
- Add vegetable broth, pasta, kidney beans, corn, cilantro, diced tomatoes, and tomato purée and mix until well combined. Bring to a boil then turn the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir agave syrup and cook for another 5 or 10 minutes until pasta is al dente. Sprinkle vegan cheese and serve hot.
*or use macaroni pasta
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Share it on instagram or tag @simplybakings or #simplybakings!
Leave a Reply