Vegan Macaroni Soup is a tasty, milky, and rich soup that is loaded with vegetable bits and macaroni pasta! The veggie meat gives a delicious “meaty” flavor to the soup which goes well with the creamy coconut milk. Each sip of the warm, milky soup truly feels like home.
The History of Sopas Recipe in the Philippines
Filipino Macaroni Soup is popularly known as “sopas’ in the Philippines. This delicious soup recipe was derived from the American recipe which is called chicken noodle soup. Sopas is actually very easy to make. It is done by sauteing spices then adding all the other ingredients and letting it boil until the pasta is cooked al dente. The most common ingredients used by Filipinos in making sopas are spices like onions and garlic, carrots, cubed potatoes, kinchay, elbow macaroni and last but the most important one is the shredded meat. Both chicken and pork meat are commonly used in the Philippines when making sopas.
Filipinos love warm soup, especially during the rainy season. Sopas is comfort food for Filipinos, that is why several noodle companies came up with instant macaroni soup. Sopas are even served in Filipino fast-food restaurants. Truly, Filipinos love almost every kind of soup and sopas surely makes it to the top of the list.
Tips on How to Make Vegan Macaroni Soup:
- Instead of adding just plain water to boil the ingredients, you can use a flavorful vegetable broth. It will add lots of delicious flavors to your Vegan Macaroni Soup.
- Do you love tofu? You can add fried tofu cubes to this recipe.
- Slice, chop, and cube each ingredient that needs to be done to make the cooking of Vegan macaroni Soup faster and more breezy.
How to Make Vegan Macaroni Soup:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- magic meat strips or your choice of vegetarian meat
- olive oil
- white onion
- elbow macaroni
- coconut cream
- black pepper
- mushroom seasoning
Before starting the cooking process, pre-soak the magic meat for about 20 mins, then cut into strips and set aside.
To Make the Vegan Macaroni Soup:
Preheat the pot over medium heat then add the olive oil. Saute garlic and onion until translucent then vegetarian meat and saute for about 2 minutes:
Next add chayote, carrots, celery, and continue to saute until vegetables are half-cooked:
Add 7 cups of water, cover with a lid and bring to boil:
Add elbow macaroni and cover until al dente:
Then add cabbage, coconut cream:
Next, add the salt and pepper:
Lastly, add mushroom seasoning:
Vegan Macaroni soup is best served hot. It tastes like a hug in a bowl of good, tasty soup!
The warm soup always gives comfort to a hungry tummy, plus the nutrients and fiber from the ingredients surely will boost your energy level!
Frequently Asked Questions for Vegan Macaroni Soup:
Q: How do you keep the macaroni firm?
A: Keep an eye when cooking your macaroni to avoid overcooking it. Always follow the recommended length of cooking time in the packaging.
Q: Can I freeze the Vegan Macaroni Soup after cooking it?
A: Yes, you can freeze it then warm it up when you are ready to serve.
Q: How many servings does this recipe make?
A: This recipe makes two to four servings of warm and delicious vegan macaroni soup.
Q: Can I use cream of mushroom instead of coconut milk?
A: Yes, you can use cream of mushroom if coconut milk is not available.
Q: How much macaroni do you add?
A: I added half a cup of elbow macaroni.
Q: Do you cook everything in the one pot?
A: Yes, I cooked everything in one pot, starting from the sauteing of spices and the veggie meat.
Here are more delicious vegan recipes you can try:
- Vegetarian Ginataang Gabi
- Pinakbet – Vegan Vegetarian Recipe
- Tofu Scramble Recipe – Filipino Style
- Pineapple Mango Smoothie
- Mini Phyllo Tarts
- Monkey Bread
- Lemon Bars
- Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
Vegan Macaroni Soup
Vegan Macaroni Soup:
- ½ cup magic meat strips or your choice of vegetarian meat
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small white onion chopped
- ½ cup chayote diced cubes
- ½ cup carrots diced
- ¼ cup celery sliced
- 6 cups water
- ½ cup elbow macaroni
- 1 cup cabbage chopped
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon mushroom seasoning
- Pre-soaked magic meat for about 20 mins, then cut into strips and set aside.
To make the Vegan Macaroni Soup:
- Preheat pot over medium heat then add olive oil.
- Saute garlic and onion until translucent then vegetarian meat and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Next add chayote, carrots, celery, and continue to saute until vegetables are half-cooked.
- Add 7 cups of water, cover with a lid and bring to boil.
- Add elbow macaroni and cover until al dente. Then add cabbage, coconut cream, salt, pepper and mushroom seasoning.
- Best served hot.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!