Fruit Salad is a quick and easy dessert perfect for the warm weather. This recipe uses canned fruit cocktail, table cream, and a Filipino favorite- condensed milk.
Looking for more delicious Filipino Desserts? Try my Easy and Delicious Maja Blanca!
Tips and Procedures:
- Always strain the liquids of the fruit salad ingredients like the liquids in the fruit cocktail and nata de coco. If you include the liquid in the fruit salad, it would make your salad soggy and so liquidy.
- Refrigerate immediately after mixing all the ingredients. It would tend to turn bad quickly because of the cream and milk if it is exposed to warm room temperature.
How to Make this Filipino Fruit Salad Recipe:
Here are the ingredients you will need – fruit cocktail, nata de coco, sweetened macapuno strings, cream, and sweetened condensed milk:
Strain the juice of the fruit cocktail, nata de coco, and macapuno strings:
Place fruit in a large bowl and add the nestle cream and sweetened condensed milk and mix:
Add the macapuno strings and mix:
Now it’s time to add in the nata de coco and mix well:
Refrigerate overnight and serve:
For me, this is one of the best Filipino desserts I have ever eaten. A popular fiesta dessert which everybody loves and looks for in every occasion!
Frequently Asked Questions for Filipino Fruit Salad Recipe:
Q: How many days is the shelf life of the Filipino Fruit Salad recipe?
A: You can keep fruit salad for 2 days in the chiller and it would last up to 4-6 days in the freezer.
Q: What other kinds of cream can I use for this Filipino fruit salad recipe?
A: You can use whipped cream instead of the usual cream we put in salads. Also, there is condensed milk which already has full cream on it, like a 2-in-1 mixture in one can.
Filipino Fruit Salad
- fruit cocktail
- nata de coco
- macapuno strings
- nestle cream
- sweetened condensed milk
- Strain the juice of the fruit cocktail, nata de coco,and macapuno strings
- Place fruit in a large bowl and add the nestle cream and sweetened condensed milk and mix
- Refrigerate over night and serve.