Turn your tofu, carrots, potatoes, flour, and seasonings into a delicious plant-based dish with this easy Filipino Vegan Deli Meat recipe! It goes well with steamed rice for a healthy, savory, and satisfying family meal!
What is Filipino Vegan Deli Meat?
This Vegan Deli Meat is a simple, savory, and healthy Filipino dish made with tofu, carrots, potatoes, flour, and seasonings blended together, kneaded, baked, and chilled to perfection! Its delicious slices are perfect to pair with steamed rice and make a tasty addition to a burger or sandwich. There’s nothing more satisfying than a sandwich with a delectably savory vegan meat substitute!
Making this vegan deli meat at home is simple and only requires a few simple ingredients as well as a blender or food processor. Once you’ve made some in your own kitchen, you might never go back to store-bought. Try this simple vegan recipe for a guilt-free meal. Nothing beats a super-easy and delicious homemade vegan deli meat recipe for any meal or snack time!
Health Benefits of Tofu:
- Promotes kidney health.
- A great source of protein.
- Aids in managing weight.
- Reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Helps lower the cholesterol level.
- Prevents osteoporosis and anemia.
Tips and Procedures:
- You may use wheat flour, onion powder, and nutritional yeast in this recipe.
- Steam this vegan deli meatloaf if the oven is not available.
- You may form the deli dough in a log shape using tin foil for circular slices.
- Feel free to adjust the ingredients or make some tweaks according to your preference since this recipe is versatile.
- Use a sharp knife or deli slicer to thinly slice the vegan deli meatloaf before serving.
- Storage: Place the deli meat into an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 weeks.
How to Make Filipino Vegan Deli Meat:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- diced tofu
- all-purpose flour
- grated carrots
- grated potatoes
- oyster mushroom sauce
- garlic powder
- vegan chicken seasoning
- ground white pepper
- vegetable oil
- soy sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place the diced tofu in a food processor or blender and blend for 30 seconds. Then, add the flour, carrots, potatoes, oyster mushroom sauce, water, garlic powder, vegan chicken seasoning, salt, white pepper, and cumin, and blend until the mixture becomes smooth:
Remove from the food processor and transfer to a bowl and knead for 3 minutes or until smooth. If the mixture is too dry, add a tablespoon of vegetable broth, but if the mixture is too wet, add a tablespoon of flour:
Brush the rectangular layer with a combination of vegetable oil, honey, and soy sauce. Place the dough mixture in the container and level it out. Then bake the deli dough for 30 minutes, remove it from the oven and let it cool completely:
Place a tin foil on top:
Let it chill overnight before serving:
Slice and serve with steamed rice:
Enjoy a healthy and delicious vegan meal!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Vegan deli meats can be made of soy, chickpeas, vital wheat gluten, pea protein flour, or beans with added seasonings and/or vegetable slices.
Yes, because it has a good amount of iron, folate, and fiber. Plant-based meats also contain less saturated fat than ground meat like beef which makes them a healthy option.
Vegans have many options for non-soy sources of protein, such as legumes, quinoa, nutritional yeast, hemp seeds, spirulina, kale, spinach, broccoli, and more.
Filipino Vegan Deli Meat
- 2 cups (13 oz) diced tofu
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅛ cup grated carrots
- ⅛ cup grated potatoes
- 2 tablespoons oyster mushroom sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons vegan chicken seasoning
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the diced tofu in a food processor or blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Add the flour, carrots, potatoes, oyster mushroom sauce, water, garlic powder, vegan chicken seasoning, salt, white pepper, cumin and blend until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Remove from the food processor and transfer to a bowl and knead for 3 minutes or until smooth. If the mixture is too dry, add a tablespoon of vegetable broth, but if the mixture is too wet, add in a tablespoon of flour.
- Brush the rectangular layer with a combination of vegetable oil, honey, and soy sauce.
- Place the dough mixture in the container and level it out.
- Then bake the deli dough for 30 minutes then remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Place a tin foil on top and let it chilled overnight before serving.