Try this quick and easy Vegan Quesadilla recipe for a hearty, cheesy, and savory breakfast, brunch, or dinner! In just a few minutes, you can enjoy the taste of deliciously grilled tortillas with a flavorful lentil filling and melty vegan cheese. Yum!
What is Vegan Quesadilla?
This Vegan Quesadilla is a healthy, delicious, and easy-to-make Mexican dish made of grilled tortillas stuffed with lentil mix and vegan cheese. The flavorful lentil mix is made of stir-fried green beans, lentils, corn, potatoes, and spices, which makes a nutritious and savory dish packed with fiber and protein. This veggie quesadilla is so filling, hearty, cheesy, and perfect for meal preps, breakfast, or dinner. This is one of the great dairy-free options you can try. Check this out!
Health Benefits of Lentils:
- Lowers risk of heart disease.
- A rich source of plant protein.
- Support the digestive system.
- Helps to manage blood sugar levels.
- Reduces the risk of certain chronic diseases.
- Helps manage blood pressure and cholesterol.
Tips and Procedures:
- Feel free to use either corn tortilla, flour tortilla, wheat tortilla, or any gluten-free tortillas to make them gluten-free.
- You may use fresh baby spinach, black bean, sweet potato, guacamole, or any veggies of your choice to make vegan quesadillas.
- You can make the lentil mix ahead of time and keep it in the fridge with the vegan cheese to save time for when you want to assemble them.
- For vegans: Check the label of the tortillas to ensure that they aren’t cooked in lard or butter.
- Storage: It is best to consume these vegan quesadillas immediately. However, leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat on a pan before serving.
How to Make Vegan Quesadilla:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- olive oil
- red onion
- cumin powder
- coriander powder
- cayenne pepper
- green beans
- red bell pepper
- salt to taste
- vegan cheese
Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat with oil, then fry potatoes until golden brown, then add red onion, garlic, and spices.
Cook until onions are tender, then add green beans, red bell pepper, lentils, tomato, corn, and salt, and stir for about 30 seconds.
Prepare Enchiladas. Divide the lentil mix into 3 portions. First add the lentil mix, then cheese, to 1 half of each tortilla. Close with the empty half.
Transfer stuffed tortillas to a non-stick pan. Flip on the other side when crispy and golden brown.
Remove from heat, place on a wooden cutting board, and cut in half. Serve immediately.
Enjoy a hearty meal with your loved ones!
Frequently Asked Questions:
This cheesy dish goes with potato wedges, creamy avocado dip, vegan sour cream, salsa, lime juice, and fresh cilantro or coriander.
Vegan cheese is made using plant-based ingredients like soy milk or nut milk from cashews, almonds, or macadamias. Then a bacterial culture is added to separate the proteins in the milk. To achieve a cheese-like texture, it is supplemented with emulsifiers, oils, and thickeners, like tapioca, arrowroot, pea flour, or agar. Other vegan cheese sauce recipe uses nutritional yeast, water, some spices, cooked potatoes, and carrots blended together until smooth.
It is best served warm and delicious with an avocado and cashew dip, or any dip of your choice.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup potato peeled and diced in small cubes
- ¼ cup purple onions
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup green beans chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper cored, seeded and diced
- ½ cup lentils washed and drained
- ⅓ cup tomato diced
- ¼ cup corn washed and drained
- salt to taste
- 3 tortillas
- 6 slices vegan cheese
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat with oil, then fry potatoes until golden brown, then add onion, garlic, and spices.
- Cook until onions are tender, then add green beans, red bell pepper, lentils, tomato, corn, and salt, and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Prepare Enchiladas. Divide the lentil mix into 3 portions. First add the lentil mix, then cheese, to 1 half of each tortilla. Close with the empty half.
- Transfer stuffed tortillas to a non-stick pan. Flip on the other side when crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from heat, place on a wooden cutting board, and cut in half. Serve immediately.