Have a delightful break with these Blueberry Lemon Muffins that are easy to make, fluffy, keto-friendly, and oh so delicious! They are great for breakfast or snacks and the perfect treat for blueberry and/or lemon lovers!
Looking for more Keto-Friendly recipes? Try my Keto Blueberry Pancakes, Easy Keto Peanut Butter Cookies, or my Keto Mini Chocolate Pancake Cereal!
What is Keto Blueberry Lemon Muffins?
Blueberry Lemon Muffins are quick and easy-to-make muffins that are made with almond flour, coconut flour, cream cheese, sour cream, and blueberries with a fresh flavor of lemon and drizzled with lemon glaze. This delicious and simple keto lemon blueberry muffin recipe is perfect for breakfast, dessert, or snacks and a great recipe for beginners since it’s simple to make – just mix the ingredients together and bake! In just half an hour, you can enjoy these soft and sweet muffins with a delicious taste of tart lemons and fresh blueberries. Yum!
Health Benefits of Blueberry:
- Rich in antioxidants
- Aids in fighting cancer
- Improves mental health
- Helps to control the appetite
- Lessens the threat of heart attack
- Helps restore hormone equilibrium
- Regulates the gastrointestinal tract
Tips and Procedures:
- Feel free to use either fresh or frozen blueberries in this easy muffin recipe. If using the frozen blueberries, do not defrost them before mixing them into your batter.
- You may use a microplane or a fine, sharp cheese grater for zesting. Make sure to only remove the yellow part of the skin and avoid getting any of the white pith which can give a bitter taste.
- Make sure that the lemon zest is evenly distributed through your batter before you add the dry ingredients so that it will not clump up.
- You may use an equal amount of fresh or frozen raspberries or blackberries if blueberries are unavailable.
- Feel free to use a sweetener of your choice in this keto blueberry muffin recipe.
- Storage: Place these muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze them for up to two months. Just defrost in an oven or microwave for a minute before serving.
How to Make Keto Blueberry Lemon Muffins:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- cream cheese
- coconut oil
- Swerve confectionary sugar
- sour cream
- vanilla extract
- lemon zest
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- baking powder
- Swerve confectionary sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
In a microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, and coconut oil, and melt in 30-second increments. It will look chunky, this is ok. Using a hand mixer, blend and it will start to smooth out. Add in confectionary sugar and sour cream, then beat for 1-2 minutes. Next, add in 4 eggs and beat for 1-2 minutes. Then add in vanilla extract, juice of 1 lemon, and lemon zest:
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and then mix into the wet batter. Fold in blueberries, being careful not to smash them:
Divide the batter among 12 muffin tins. Cook for 20-30 minutes until the tops of muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted is clean. Let cool completely before icing.
In a medium bowl, add confectionary sugar, juice of 1 lemon, and mix. If you find you want it thicker or thinner, add more of one of the ingredients. Confectionary sugar for thicker and lemon juice for thinner.
Drizzle on muffins and serve!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Just simply mix the wet ingredients which include the eggs and lemon juice, then add the dry ingredients like coconut flour and almond flour. Then, fold the blueberries and bake the batter to deliciousness!
They are great for breakfast or snack time but they can be eaten anytime you want.
Use almond flour and coconut flour which are both low-carb flour and gluten-free.
Keto Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¾ cups Swerve Confectionary sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 4 eggs eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest optional
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup Swerve Confectionary sugar
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, and coconut oil and melt in 30 second increments. It will look chunky, this is ok. Using a hand mixer, blend and it will start to smooth out.
- Add in confectionary sugar and sour cream, then beat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in 4 eggs and beat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in vanilla extract, juice of 1 lemon, and lemon zest.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and then mix into the wet batter.
- Fold in blueberries, being careful not to smash them.
- Divide the batter among 12 muffin tins and cook for 20-25 minutes until tops of muffin are golden and a toothpick inserted is clean. Allow to cool completely before icing.
- In a medium bowl, add confectionary sugar, juice of 1 lemon and mix. If you find you want it thicker or thinner, add more of one of the ingredients. Confectionary sugar for thicker and lemon juice for thinner.
- Drizzle on muffins and serve.
Leave a Reply