Mini Chocolate Pancake Cereal is the newest recipe trend from TikTok that’s challenging regular breakfast. It tastes incredibly delicious and it’s keto breakfast, too!
What is Mini Pancake Chocolate Cereal?
These super tiny but filling Mini Pancakes Chocolate Cereal was made popular during the shelter in place days due to Covid-19.
Despite the sad situation, people who are working from home became home chefs and self-taught cooks. And to avoid getting bored with the usual pancake each morning, some genius thought of making cute versions of pancakes that can be eaten as a cereal.
Should you add some milk since it is called pancake cereal?
It is totally up to your preference of taste! You can pour in your favorite almond or soy milk brand and voila- your very own homemade Mini Pancakes Chocolate Cereal for breakfast!
Tips on How to Make Mini Pancakes Chocolate Cereal:
- An offset spatula makes it easier to flip the mini pancakes.
- Is cocoa powder not available in your pantry? Use dark unsweetened chocolate chips instead. It works just as well!
- You can use this recipe for making chocolate keto waffles.
- If you love maple syrup on your pancakes, there are low-carb, sugar-free maple syrup that fits your keto diet.
- It’s best to use a squeeze bottle with a small spout for the batter because it helps form the perfect shape and size of the mini pancakes.
- Add in mini chocolate chips to the batter and mix well.
How to Make Mini Pancakes Chocolate Cereal:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- coconut flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- confectioner’s or granular swerve
- baking powder
- pinch of salt
- large eggs
- unsweetened almond milk
- vanilla extract
- butter/oil for the pan
In a medium bowl whisk together coconut flour, cocoa powder, keto-friendly sugar, baking powder, and salt:
Next add the eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract, and mix:
You should be mixing until it’s creamy and thick, but somewhat runny (like pancake batter):
Carefully pour the batter into a squeeze bottle using a ziplock or funnel:
I used a squeeze bottle like this with the perfect size of spout:
Over medium heat, preheat the pan or griddle, brush a thin layer of oil or butter on your pan, then lower the temperature before pouring the batter to low-medium, because the pancakes are so small, they can burn easily.
Squeeze a small amount of batter about the size of a dime and cook the pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes, or until Flip, then cook on the other side for another minute:
Remove carefully using a spatula and serve warm:
I had so much fun making these cute, social media famous Mini Pancake Chocolate Cereal! Of course, I didn’t miss the butter. It’s essential for that ultimate pancake experience! 😉
Frequently Asked Questions for Mini Pancake Chocolate Cereal (Keto Friendly) :
Q: What chocolate is okay for keto?
A: Most chocolates can be part of the keto diet, especially the 70 dark unsweetened chocolate. For sure, you have a lot of choices of chocolates.
Q: Can you make this with desiccated coconut?
A: You can try using it, but I think it would be difficult to make the batter stick together when you use desiccated or shredded coconut.
Q: Can you turn these into waffles?
A: Yes, you can. It won’t me minis anymore but it sure would taste just as good.
Q: Could you use chocolate instead of cocoa?
A: Yes, you can use chocolate instead of cocoa. Just make sure it is unsweetened chocolate.
Q: Will almond flour work for this recipe?
A: I have not tried using almond flour for this recipe but I am sure it would work.
More breakfast recipes to enjoy:
- Banana Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Cookies With A Twist
- Oreo Waffles
- Butter Pecan Pancakes
- Cornmeal Mush
- Vegan Filipino Champorado
- Healthy Vegan Muffins
- Best Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Blondies – Easy and Delicious
Mini Pancake Chocolate Cereal
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup confectioners or granular swerve
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- butter/oil for the pan
- In a medium bowl whisk together coconut flour, cocoa powder, keto friendly sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Next add the eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract and mix until just combined. Don't overmix.
- Transfer the batter into a squeeze bottle using a ziplock or funnel.
- Over medium heat, preheat the pan or griddle, brush a thin layer of oil or butter on your pan, then lower the temperature before pouring the batter to low-medium, because the pancakes are so small, they can burn easily.
- Squeeze a small amount of batter about the size of a dime and cook the pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes, or until Flip, then cook on the other side for another minute.
- Remove and serve warm. Milk is optional.
- The mini pancakes cook very fast, it will burn while adding the pancake batter to pan/griddle. It helped to switch off the heat while adding the batter, then turning it on once the pan is full.
- Not recommend making this with kids
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!