This is my second keto-friendly dessert recipe to share, and I’m really excited for you to try it. I was thrilled when I only used one bowl to mix everything and it only has 4 ingredients. (Score!!)
Technically the vanilla extract is optional, but I decided to add it to the cookies to enhance the flavor.
Tips and Tricks for Making This Keto Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe:
- If you and your friends are on a ketogenic diet, you can bake several batches of keto peanut butter cookies and have a keto cookie party! Sounds fun!
- This keto cookie is so easy to mix but if you feel it’s easier to mix the ingredients using a stand mixer, you can do so, especially if you are making several batches of cookies
- If you do not have powdered stevia, you can use liquid stevia. Just make sure to add a little quantity at a time to make sure you get the right sweetness in your cookies.
How to Make this Keto Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe:
Before starting off with the mixing process, make sure to preheat the oven to 350F and prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper or a baking mat.
Here are the ingredients you need to make these delicious Keto Peanut Butter Cookies:
- peanut butter
- vanilla extract
In a large bowl, mix the peanut butter, sweetener, egg, and vanilla extract until well combined. (If it’s very dry, you may add 1 tablespoon of milk):
Using a cookie scooper, scoop the cookies on the baking mat:
Then using a fork press down on each of the cookie dough balls to create the crisscross pattern of the classic peanut butter cookies:
Bake for 11-13 minutes and allow the cookies to cook for about 3-4 minutes (if you don’t allow the cookies to cool, they will fall apart):
Then transfer over to a cookie rack to finish cooling:
Please let me know how you guys liked the cookies, I would love to see pictures!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Keto Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe:
Q: What is the best sweetener to use for this keto peanut butter cookie?
A: The best sweetener that comes out of the list is Erythritol. For a more organic approach, stevia is the best for me.
Q: Can I make the cookie dough in advance, like a day before baking them?
A: Yes, you can mix the ingredients ahead of time and chill them. Once you are ready to bake them, let them stay at room temperature for at least 20 minutes before popping them into the oven.
More Cookie recipes that are easy to make:
- Keto Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 5 Ingredient Sunbutter Cookies
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Snickerdoodle Cookies
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup keto friendly sweetener – I used Erythritol
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of milk* optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a large bowl mix the peanut butter, sweetener, egg, vanilla extract until well combined. (If it’s very dry, you may add 1 tablespoon of milk)
- Using a cookie scooper, scoop the cookies on the baking mat and then using a fork, press down on each of the cookie dough balls to create the crisscross pattern of the classic peanut butter cookies.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes and allow the cookies to cool for about 3-4 minutes (if you don’t allow the cookies to cool, it will fall apart) and then transfer over to a cookie rack to finish cooling.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!