I have never heard of Madeira Cake until my friend Choppa from YouTube shared me this recipe. It is actually quite delicious and kind of reminds me of sponge cake!
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup lemon juice or orange juice
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 300 degree F and grease desired pans
- In a large bowl add the sugar, butter, lemon zest, cinnamon and beat it. Add the eggs, flour, almond meal, lemon juice and mix.
- Pour into pans and bake for 45 minutes
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !