A classic English cake called Madeira Cake will be the easiest cake you will ever bake! Light-flavored, delicious, and filling cake glazed with a yummy sugar glaze and garnished with lemon slices! You can never go wrong with this classic Madeira cake!
I have never heard of Madeira Cake until my friend Choppa from YouTube shared me this recipe. It is actually quite delicious and kind of reminds me of sponge cake!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Madeira Cake Recipe:
- Make this ahead for any party and just wrap in saran wrap or aluminum foil to keep the moisture of the cake.
How to Make this Madeira Cake Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Madeira Cake:
- lemon zest
- ground cinnamon
- self-raising flour
- almond meal
- lemon juice or orange juice
- powdered sugar
- lemon juice
Once the ingredients are all ready, preheat your oven to 300 degrees F and grease desired pans. Then, let’s begin!
In a large bowl add the sugar, butter, lemon zest, cinnamon and beat it:
Add the eggs, flour, almond meal, lemon juice, and mix:
The final batter should look like this:
Pour into pans and bake for 45 minutes:
Make the sugar lemon glaze with the powdered sugar and lemon juice and just mix well:
Pour in the sugar glaze and decorate with fresh lemon slices:
There you go! A classic beauty that is perfect for any parties and occasion!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Madeira Cake Recipe:
Q: How many servings would this recipe do?
A: This delicious and easy cake recipe could make six to 8 slices, depending on how big your slices are.
Here are more cake recipes that you can make:
- ¾ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup lemon juice or orange juice
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 300 degree F and grease desired pans
- In a large bowl add the sugar, butter, lemon zest, cinnamon and beat it. Add the eggs, flour, almond meal, lemon juice and mix.
- Pour into pans and bake for 45 minutes
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!