Using just 4 ingredients, these 7 Up Biscuits are the easiest biscuits you’ll ever make and they turn out perfect every time! It’s great to eat for breakfast or for brunch!
I was wandering around Pinterest and I came upon this recipe, by someone who posted as a text message and I thought this is interesting, it’s made out of 7-Up. I’m not a big fan of biscuits, but this was really good! I was pleasantly surprised at how fluffy and soft it was, this is a must try recipe!
What is BISQUICK?
Bisquick, it’s a pre-mixed baking product, consisting of flour, baking powder, salt, and shortening. Some uses of Bisquick is pancakes, muffins, and waffles to name a few.
Tips and Tricks for Making This 7-Up Biscuits Recipe:
- Are you a rustic kitchen stuff lover? I am sure you have a cast iron skillet lying around your kitchen. You can use that for baking this delicious and easy 7-up biscuits recipe!
- If you don’t have 7-up where you are living, you can use any lemon-lime soda or club soda available. I am sure it would taste just as good!
- Prevent the dough from sticking onto your hands by rubbing flour onto your palms or hands.
How to Make this 7-Up Biscuits Recipe:
Before starting off with the mixing process, make sure to preheat oven to 400F and spray your 8 x 8 baking sheet or pan with a non-stick baking spray. If you don’t have a baking spray available, grease it with melted butter. That would do the trick just the same!
In a bowl, add Bisquick and sour cream:
Mix thoroughly until the sour cream is evenly combined with the Bisquick:
Next, add the 7-up and mix then set aside:
On a clean surface sprinkle flour and place the dough on the table:
Knead till the dough is not sticky:
Cut the dough and form into 9 rolls:
Place on your greased baking pan and bake for 12-15 minutes:
Homemade biscuits are the best, I promise! This batch I made really didn’t last that long, we ate it all in less than a day 🙂 It was that good!
It just has simple ingredients, all you really need to have is the will to knead it 😉 Well, for me, it was all worth it! You have delicious biscuits in just minutes!
Q: How do you know that the biscuits are done?
A: When the biscuits have risen and the top is light brown, they are done. This recipe bakes so fast since our dough/rolls are not so thick.
Q: What are other alternatives for sour cream?
A: You can use greek yogurt or straight plain yogurt. You can also use buttermilk or creme fraiche. They are thinner than yogurt in consistency but works well as substitutes.
Q: Which is best to use for this recipe – cold or room temperature 7-up?
A: Both should work well with this recipe but I used room temperature 7-up.
- 2 cups bisquick
- ½ cup 7-up
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and grease 8×8 pan with butter
- In a bowl add bisquick and sour cream then mix, next add the 7-up and mix and set aside.
- On a clean surface sprinkle flour and place the dough on the table and knead till dough is not stick and form into 9 rolls and place on pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!