Not very many people like eating cake for birthdays, so I made a Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cake which is an awesome alternative to the regular birthday cake.
Tips and Tricks:
- Before mixing the powdered sugar or confectioner’s sugar with lemon juice for the glaze, make sure you have sifted it well. A lumpy glaze wouldn’t look so appetizing 😀
- For a more festive look, top with whipped cream and sliced fresh strawberries before serving.
- You can slice this cake horizontally after cooling and put some delicious fillings like cream cheese with chopped fresh strawberries!
- When using eggs for baking, it is best to have them in room temperature. It prevents any fat in your batter to harden because of the cold temperature.
How to Make this Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cake Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cake.
These are the ingredients you will need:
- fresh strawberries
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- zest of a lemon
- lemon juice
- softened butter
- greek plain or vanilla yogurt
- powdered sugar
Once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
Before starting the mixing of ingredients, don’t forget to preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease your bundt pan.
Cut strawberries and set aside.
In a bowl add all purpose flour, baking soda, salt and lemon zest, and mix:
In another bowl, butter, sugar, and mix until well incorporated:
Add in the eggs and mix well but not too long, it would make your cake texture rubbery:
Add the lemon juice and mix well:
Alternate adding Greek yogurt and dry ingredients into the wet batter:
Then add strawberries to the batter by folding it in:
Add the batter into the bundt pan and bake for 60 minutes or until golden brown:
In a bowl, add powdered sugar and slowly add the lemon juice until a glaze is formed:
Pour over strawberry cake immediately after the cake is placed on a serving tray:
Frequently Asked Questions for the Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cake Recipe:
Q: My cake sticks in the baking pan. What should I do?
A: Before pouring in the cake batter, you should spray it with baking spray.
Q: Should my eggs be in room temperature?
A: Yes, room temperature eggs are best to use when baking. This is because when you add a cold egg to a batter, it could harden the fat that you have mixed in the batter, e.g. butter, oil.
Q: Can I make this cake into 3 layers?
A: Yes. You can slice this cake into three layers. Make sure that the cake is cool enough before you slice it horizontally or else, it the cake will break.
Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cake
- 12 ounces of fresh strawberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 zest of a lemon
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup butter soften
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz greek plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease bundt pan.
- Cut strawberries and set aside.
- In a bowl add all purpose flour, baking soda, salt and lemon zest and mix.
- In another bowl, add the lemon juice, butter, eggs, sugar, and mix until well incorporated.
- Alternate adding Greek yogurt and dry ingredients into the wet batter, then add strawberries to the batter by folding it in. Add the batter into the bundt pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until golden brown
- In a bowl, add powdered sugar and slowly add the lemon juice until a glaze is formed. Pour over strawberry cake immediately after cake is placed on serving tray.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!