Not very many people like eating cake for birthdays, so I made a Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cake, which is an awesome alternative to the regular birthday cake. Give this a try!
Tips and Procedures:
- Before mixing the powdered sugar or confectioner’s sugar with lemon juice for the glaze, make sure you have sifted it well. A lumpy glaze wouldn’t look so appetizing 😀
- For a more festive look, top with whipped cream and sliced fresh strawberries before serving.
- You can slice this cake horizontally after cooling and put some delicious fillings like cream cheese with chopped fresh strawberries!
- When using eggs for baking, it is best to have them at room temperature. It prevents any fat in your batter to harden because of the cold temperature.
How to Make this Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cake Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cake.
These are the ingredients you will need:
- fresh strawberries
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- zest of a lemon
- lemon juice
- softened butter
- greek plain or vanilla yogurt
- powdered sugar
Once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
Before starting the mixing of ingredients, don’t forget to preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease your bundt pan.
Cut strawberries and set aside.
In a bowl,add all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest, and mix:
In another bowl, butter, sugar, and mix until well incorporated:
Add in the eggs and mix well but not too long, it would make your cake texture rubbery:
Add the lemon juice and mix well:
Alternate adding Greek yogurt and dry ingredients into the wet batter:
Then add strawberries to the batter by folding it in:
Add the batter to the bundt pan and bake for 60 minutes or until golden brown:
In a bowl, add powdered sugar and slowly add the lemon juice until a glaze is formed:
Pour over the strawberry cake immediately after the cake is placed on a serving tray:
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: My cake sticks in the baking pan. What should I do?
A: Before pouring in the cake batter, you should spray it with baking spray.
Q: Should my eggs be at room temperature?
A: Yes, room-temperature eggs are the best to use when baking. This is because when you add a cold egg to a batter, it could harden the fat that you have mixed in the batter, e.g. butter, or oil.
Q: Can I make this cake into 3 layers?
A: Yes. You can slice this cake into three layers. Make sure that the cake is cool enough before you slice it horizontally or else, the cake will break.
Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cake
- 12 ounces of fresh strawberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 zest of a lemon
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup butter soften
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz greek plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease bundt pan.
- Cut strawberries and set aside.
- In a bowl add all purpose flour, baking soda, salt and lemon zest and mix.
- In another bowl, add the lemon juice, butter, eggs, sugar, and mix until well incorporated.
- Alternate adding Greek yogurt and dry ingredients into the wet batter, then add strawberries to the batter by folding it in. Add the batter into the bundt pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until golden brown
- In a bowl, add powdered sugar and slowly add the lemon juice until a glaze is formed. Pour over strawberry cake immediately after cake is placed on serving tray.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Donna wong says
I tried but substituted the butter with 1 cup vegetable oil and reduced brown sugar to 1 and a half cup. I added 1 tsp baking powder to give a little rise. It is great. Thanks for your recipe.
Hi Donna, Awesome! I’m glad it turned out great for you!
Awesome recipe! Yumminess and goodness in one!
Awww thank you so much Bonnie! appreciate you swinging by my channel!
It says strawberry cake but I?so?not see strawberries in?recipe
Hi there! I used 12 ounces of fresh strawberries for this cake. I’m sorry I forgot to put it in the recipe. Thanks for the heads up. 🙂
Brigid Mingo says
Balwinder Pal says
Wow so nice .it is great idea. I like it. I will try it by myself.
Hello there, it’s good to know that you like this recipe. This is really worth the try. Please share a photo in my FB or IG when you try this. Thank you in advance and enjoy!