Not very many people like eating cake for birthdays, so I made a Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cake which is an awesome alternative to regular birthday cake.
Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cake
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 zest of a lemon
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup butter soften
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 oz greek plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease bundt pan.
- Cut strawberries and set aside.
- In a bowl add all purpose flour, baking soda, salt and lemon zest and mix.
- In another bowl, add the lemon juice, butter, sugar, and mix until well incorporated.
- Alternate adding greek yogurt and dry ingredients into the wet batter, then add strawberries to batter by folding it in. Add the batter into the bundt pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until golden brown
- In a bowl, add powdered sugar and slowly add the lemon juice until a glaze is formed. Pour over strawberry cake immediately after cake is placed on serving tray.