I love the holiday season, don’t you? All the baking that is happening, the Christmas lights come up, and family starts planning for Thanksgiving and Christmas!
Around this time of the year, I start living in the kitchen because I am constantly baking bread, muffins, and cookies. Since November was only a couple of days ago, I knew I had to bake something with pumpkin and pumpkin spice muffins came to mind! However, if you roll the muffins in butter then a cinnamon sugar mix it actually looks like donut holes and tastes like it as well because the texture of the muffins is so fluffy! Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Mini Pumpkin Spice Muffins Recipe:
- Before adding in the dry ingredients, make sure to sift them in order to avoid lumps in your batter.
- If you love frosting like me, you can whip some cream cheese frosting and top each mini pumpkin spice muffins.
- Do you love chocolate chips? Add in mini chocolate chips to the batter before baking it and tadaaah! You now have mini pumpkin spice chocolate chip muffins 🙂
How to Make this Mini Pumpkin Spice Muffins Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Mini Pumpkin Spice Muffins:
Once the ingredients are all ready, preheat oven to 350 degrees, oil mini muffin pans, and you’re all set!
In a large bowl add softened butter, sugar, and beat well:
Next add vanilla extract, egg, pumpkin puree, and mix:
Don’t over mix batter or it will become rubbery:
Add baking powder, baking soda, allspice, ground cinnamon, salt, pink of pumpkin spice and mix:
The final batter should look like this. Make sure that there are no lumps:
Place batter in a mini muffin pan and fill halfway and bake 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes:
I am very sure your kitchen smells so delicious right now! Look at these beauties!
This is optional but I suggest that you REALLY do this lol!
Melt ¼ cup butter in a bowl, in another bowl place ¼ cup granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and mix. Dip muffin in butter:
Then dip again in sugar and cinnamon mix:
Let’s do the “break” test and taste it! These pumpkin muffins are so soft, delicious and not too sweet, which I love!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Mini Pumpkin Spice Muffins Recipe:
Q: Can I replace the sugar with honey or maple syrup?
A: Yes, for sure! Just be careful in adding it. Add little portions at a time and
Q: What can replace eggs as a vegan option?
A: For this recipe, you can use egg replacers and make it vegan.
Q: Can I replace the butter with canola oil?
A: Yes, you can. Just use the same measurement of butter written in the recipe.
Mini Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch of pumpkin spice
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, oil mini muffin pans
- In a large bowl add soften butter, sugar, and beat. Next add vanilla extract, egg, pumpkin puree, and mix. Don't over mix batter or it will become rubbery.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, allspice, ground cinnamon, salt, pink of pumpkin spice and mix.
- Place batter in mini muffin pan and fill halfway
- Bake 350 degree F for 12-15 minutes.
- Option melt ¼ cup butter in a bowl, in another bowl place ¼ cup granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and mix. Dip muffin in butter then sugar and cinnamon mix.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Jenaia Raepple says
There is no flour in the instructions at the top or in the recipe card directions yet there is in the ingredient list. Am I suppose to use flour?