I started a new series this year called Baking on a Budget using 5 ingredients or less! In addition I try to spend less than $10 for the recipe. The reason why I started this series is because baking is quite expensive, I probably spend at least $50-$70 purchasing ingredients every month. That’s a whole lot! Let me give you an example, butter is usually $4.99 a pack and I usually use one whole package a week to make cookies for my Cookie Mondays. So it adds up, maybe in a future blog I can break down all the prices.
Anyways, I mentioned in the video I will break down the cost of this recipe so here it is.
Oreo (14.30z) $2.99
Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chips (120z) $2.69
Nestle Toll House White Chocolate Chips (12oz) $2.69
Crunch Peanut Butter (I had some at my house)
How much do you spend on ingredients? Let me know in the comments!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Oreo Peanut Butter Bark Recipe:
- Adding in oats or rice Krispies to this recipe is a great idea! You will get a lot of texture and it’s more fun to chew 😉
- For a very inexpensive food gift during the holidays, make this Oreo Peanut Butter bark in large batches. pack them in pretty boxes or a decorative plastic bag. Saves money and it is always pleasant to receive food gifts.
- If you do not have a nonstick mat, you can use an ordinary baking tray or baking sheet and line it with parchment paper.
- This recipe allows you to choose between different kinds of peanut butter. You can use the crunchy peanut butter or the creamy peanut butter version.
- Store this for days by keeping them in an airtight container.
- In melting the chocolate chips, you can use a microwave for a faster melting process. But if a microwave is not available, you can use a DIY double boiler. Just take a saucepan and fill half of it with water. Put the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl or heat resistant bowl and keep mixing the chocolate chips until melted.
- During the holidays, there are a lot of oreo flavors like peppermint, strawberry, and other delicious variants. Feel free to use any of the yummy flavors!
How to Make this Oreo Peanut Butter Bark Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Oreo Peanut Butter Bark. Once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
Prepare a pan with a nonstick mat. (Parchment paper or wax paper can be used for this recipe.)
Melt the white chocolate and dark chocolate chips in separate bowls. Crumble the Oreos and set aside.
Once the white chocolate is melted, add peanut butter and mix until well combined.
Next, add half of the crushed Oreos into the white chocolate:
Mix well until everything is well incorporated:
Add the rest of the Oreos to the melted dark chocolate chips and mix well:
Pour the mixtures into prepared pan. Flatten and spread it into the pan:
Allow the bark to refrigerate for 30 minutes:
Yay! You did the waiting part well! 🙂
Now you can break the bark into pieces and serve:
Yummy and so easy to make!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Oreo Peanut Butter Bark Recipe:
Q: How many servings would this recipe do?
A: This delicious and easy oreo peanut butter bark recipe could make several pieces. I would depend on how big your pieces are.
Q: Can I just mix all the ingredients in one bowl?
A: Yes you can do that. I just put the dark chocolate mixture first, followed by the peanut butter mixture so I could taste the peanut butter in the first bite 🙂
Q: Can I use any flavor of Oreos for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use any flavor. During holidays, there are a lot of flavors available and you can use whichever is your favorite 🙂Print
Oreo Peanut Butter Bark
You can’t miss this holiday dessert – easy, delicious, no-bake and just uses 4 ingredients, Oreo Peanut Butter Bark!
- Chocolate Chips, 1 package (12 oz)
- White Chocolate Chips, 1 package (12oz)
- Oreo, 1 package (14.3oz)
- 3 tablespoons crunch peanut butter
- Prepare pan with nonstick mat. (Parchment paper or wax paper)
- Melt white chocolate and chocolate in separate bowls.
- Crumble the oreos and set aside.
- Once the white chocolate is melted, add peanut butter and mix until well combined. Next add half of the crushed oreos into the white chocolate mix. Add the rest of the oreos to the melted chocolate chips and mix.
- Pour into prepared pan and allow the bark to refridgerate for 30 miinutes.
- Break into peices and serve.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!