I asked my viewers on YouTube, what kind of cookies they wanted me to bake for the next Cookie Monday. I gave three options, Mint Chocolate Chunk, Green Tea, and White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies. Boy, was it a close vote! I had over 500 comments voting between Mint Chocolate and Green Tea, but Mint Chocolate Chunk won.
If you are a mint lover, you will thoroughly enjoy the cookies. In every bite, there is mint and a huge chunk of chocolate, which I think is one of the best combinations ever.
Tips and Tricks for Making These Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies:
- Make sure to give an even space or distance between each cookie when baking. It will prevent the cookies from sticking to each other after baking.
- Do not over mix the cookie dough. After all the ingredients are well-combined, then the mixing process should be done. Overmixing it would make the cookies rubbery.
- For easy baking, use a nonstick baking sheet. If you do not have it, you can use a regular cookie sheet and just line it with parchment paper.
- If you love more texture on your cookies, you can add chopped almonds and mix well.
- The dough of the Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies when almost done will be kind of dry so kneading or mixing it by hand would be better than using a handheld mixer.
How to Make these Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies:
These are the Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies ingredients that you will need:
- butter, softened
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- egg yolk
- all-purpose flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- baking soda
- baking powder
- mint chips
- chocolate chips
- chopped chocolate bar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or baking mat.
In a large bowl, add butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cream together:
Add egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract mixing until everything is well combined:
After mixing, this is how it should look like:
In another bowl, whisk together, flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder:
Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients using a handheld mixer:
Eventually, use hands if needed. The dough will be a bit harder to mix so using your hands will be helpful:
Mix in mint chips, chocolate chips, and chocolate chunks:
Bake for 10-12 minutes:
Take a good look at the mint chocolate chunk cookies!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe:
Q: Can you freeze mint chocolate chunk cookies?
A: Yes you can freeze them. Just remember to thaw completely before serving. You can warm them up in a microwave after thawing.
Q: Should we measure the flour before or after sifting?
A: For me, I always sift the flour first before measuring. This will ensure lump-free cookies.
Q: How far in advance can I make the dough?
A: You can make the dough a day in advance and just freeze it. Remember to thaw it properly before baking them.
Q: How long do these cookies stay good at room temperature?
A: You can keep them at room temperature for about a day but it is best to keep them in an airtight container and chill them.
Q: Should the cocoa powder be unsweetened?
A: Yes, it should be unsweetened since we are adding sugar to the rest of the ingredients.
Here are more delicious cookie recipes that you should try:
Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 stick butter softened (½ cup)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup mint chips
- ¾ cups chocolate chips
- ¼ cups chopped chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or baking mat.
- In a large bowl, add butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cream together. Add egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract mixing until everything is well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together, flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients using hand held mixer. Eventually, use hands if needed. Mix in mint chips, chocolate chips, and chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!