I asked my viewers on YouTube, what kind of cookies they wanted me to bake for the next Cookie Monday. I gave three options, Mint Chocolate Chunk, Green Tea, and White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies. Boy, was it a close vote! I had over 500 comments voting between Mint Chocolate and Green Tea, but Mint Chocolate Chunk won.
If you are a mint lover, you will thoroughly enjoy the cookies. In every bite there is mint and a huge chunk of chocolate, which I think is one of the best combinations ever.
Take a good look at the mint chocolate chunk cookies!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Click to Watch the Step by Step Video:
- 1 stick butter, softened (1/2 cup)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup mint chips
- ¾ cups chocolate chips
- ¼ cups chopped chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or baking mat.
- In a large bowl, add butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cream together. Add egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract mixing until everything is well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together, flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients using hand held mixer. Eventually, use hands if needed. Mix in mint chips, chocolate chips, and chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Recipe adapted by Sally’s Baking Addiction