I’ve tried many different versions of Carrot Cake and this recipe is my favorite. I teamed up with my friend, Olga from Fablunch to share this delicious recipe of carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
This recipe was very simple and it didn’t require many ingredients!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe:
- When mixing the ingredients, you can use an electric mixer if you are more comfortable with it instead of the wire whisk.
- For a more festive look, top with whipped cream or cream cheese frosting before serving.
- If you do not have cupcake liners on hand, use muffin tins. Just make sure you have sprayed it with non-stick baking spray.
How to Make this Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Carrot Cake Cupcakes. Before starting the mixing of ingredients, don’t forget to preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Also, prepare cupcake pans by greasing it or lining it with cupcake liners.
Here are what you will need for this recipe:
- self-rising flour
- ground cinnamon
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar, packed
- grated carrots
Once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
In a large bowl, stir together, flour, cinnamon, sugar and mix until well combined:
Make a well in the middle and add eggs, milk, oil, and mix:
Next, add grated carrots and mix until well combined.
After mixing well, it’s now ready to bake. Use a scooper in putting the batter into the cupcake liners:
Fill cupcake liners halfway if going to frost cupcakes. If you are not frosting it afterward, fill it up to ¾ of the cupcake liner:
When slicing into the cupcakes, check out how light and fluffy it is!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Carrot Cake Cupcakes Recipe:
Q: How long can this cupcake be stored without frosting?
A: This delicious carrot cupcakes can be stored in the fridge for about 4 to 6 days.
Q: I need a carrot cake. Can I use this recipe and make a cake instead of cupcakes?
A: For sure, you can! Just bake in a cake pan instead of cupcake liners.
Q: Can I make this recipe into mini carrot cupcakes?
A: Yes, you can. Just switch to mini cupcake liners and you are good to go!
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, prepare cupcake pans by greasing it or lining it with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together, flour, cinnamon, sugar and mix until well combined.
- Make a well in the middle and add eggs, milk, oil and mix. Next add grated carrots and mix until well combined.
- Fill cupcake liners half way if going to frost cupcakes, if not fill ¾.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!