This Tropical Green Smoothie is nutritious, delicious, and a great way to sneak in some greens into your diet.
Health Benefits of malunggay leaves also called moringa leaves
- High content of iron, amino acids and vitamin A, B, and C
- Great for treating a bleeding shallow cut, skin fungi, diarrhea, headache, and as a home remedy for gastric ulcers
- Malunngay pods that have seeds in it are known as dewormers. It is also popular as a treatment for diabetes as it decreases blood sugar levels. It is also good for people that have arthritis, gout, cramps, and urinary problems
Health Benefits of amaranth leaves
- Full of antioxidants
- Amaranth leaves are gluten-free
- It provides an important enzyme called Lysine which is essential in calcium absorption
- High in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and folate
- Amaranth leaves improve eyesight
Tips on How to Make Tropical Green Smoothie:
- Always use frozen banana chunks because this will serve as your ice to make the smoothie cold.
- If you love a colder smoothie, you can add ice cubes but not too much or it will make the smoothie watered down.
- You can freeze this smoothie and make it into a tropical green ice cream
- You can use coconut or buko juice if you want to omit soy milk in the recipe
- Do you need a morning energy booster? Make this Tropical green smoothie for breakfast and for sure you will have all the energy to get your day started!
How to Make Tropical Green Smoothie:
These are the Tropical Green Smoothie ingredients that you will need:
- amaranth leaves or fresh spinach
- malunggay leaves (moringa leaves), remove stalks use leaves only*
- soy milk or your choice of plant-based milk
- frozen bananas
- squeezed lemon
- chia seeds
Start putting the malunggay or moringa leaves and amaranth leaves in the blender. After that, you can add all the ingredients :
In a high powered blender, blend until smooth. It would take around 30 seconds to 1 minute:
Don’t be fooled by the color, it’s delicious and refreshing!
Garnish with chia, pineapple cuts, and moringa leaves:
Frequently Asked Questions for the Malunggay Pineapple Smoothie Recipe:
Q: Where can I buy fresh malunggay?
A: At any Asian market or if you have any Filipino friends- check with them. They are most likely growing a few trees.
Q: Can I use raw spinach if I don’t have the amaranth leaves for this recipe?
A: Yes. Fresh spinach is a perfect replacement for this nutritious tropical green smoothie.
Q: Can I make tropical green smoothie without sugar?
A: Yes, for sure. Here in this recipe, I used natural honey and it tasted so good.
Q: Can pineapple chunks be added to this tropical green recipe?
A: Yes, you can add pineapple chunks. It would slightly change the lush green color and would make it a lighter green.
Q: Does freezing spinach or moringa leaves make it lose its nutrients?
A: Basically, fresh and frozen leaves have the same nutrients. It is just advised to thaw the frozen leaves first before using so the Vitamin C in the leaves will be maintained.
More delicious smoothie recipes:
- 2 EASY Smoothie Bowls
- Pineapple Mango Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Malunggay Pineapple Smoothie
- BEST 3 Ingredient Mango Smoothie
- Avocado Shake
Tropical Green Smoothie
Grab this delicious and healthy Tropical Green Smoothie recipe – it is a sure way to cleanse your system and energize you for a full day!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Method: Blender
- 1/4 cup amaranth leaves or fresh spinach
- ⅛ cup malunggay leaves (moringa leaves), remove stalks use leaves only*
- 1 ½ cup soy milk or your choice of plant-based milk
- ¾ cup – 1 cup frozen bananas
- juice of a squeezed lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds
- Add all the ingredients in a high powered blender until smooth, 30 secones to 1 minute.
- Once everything is blended, pour in a cup and garnished with chia, pineapple cuts and moringa leaves.
- Serve immediately.
*½ teaspoon moringa powder
Keywords: Tropical Green Smoothie
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!