This Vanilla Custard Magic cake does all the magic because of its soft, moist, and decadent flavors, all in one bite! It’s a great dessert recipe for parties, snacks, or any gatherings. Give this a try!
Tips and Procedures:
- Use eggs that are kept at room temperature. It lessens the possibility that it would harden the fat content of the recipe, like butter for instance.
- For a more festive look, top with whipped cream or cool whip before serving.
- When adding the egg whites to the rest of the ingredients, make sure to just fold it, not mix it because it will flatten the cake and won’t create any layers.
How to Make this Vanilla Custard Cake (Magic Cake) Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Vanilla Custard Cake (Magic Cake).
Here are the ingredients you will need for this recipe:
- unsalted butter, melted
- milk, lukewarm
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
Once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
First, you have to prepare an 8×8 inch pan and lightly grease and preheat your oven to 350F.
Then we can start mixing 🙂
In a large bowl add the egg whites and whip until stiff peaks form, then set it aside:
In another large bowl add the egg yolks, and powdered sugar and mix until it’s well combined:
Then add the water and butter and mix, Then add the milk, vanilla extract, flour, and mix until it’s well combined!
Now take the egg whites and slowly fold them in.
Bake for about 45-55 minutes:
Let the cake cool completely before slicing it:
Because this needs to be tasted and devoured:), go ahead and slice it! Look at those delicious layers of magic!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Vanilla Custard Cake (Magic Cake) Recipe:
Q: Why is it called magic cake?
A: This delicious and easy cake recipe is named a Magic Cake because of the different layers of custard and cake that you see inside after baking it.
Q: Can I add lemon juice or lemon flavor to this recipe?
A: Yes you can. Just make sure to adjust the sugar measurements since you have added a tart flavor to it.
Q: Can I use salted butter for this cake recipe?
A: I would suggest sticking with unsalted butter when baking. It is much easier to get the correct taste if you use the unsalted version. Your cake would be too salty if you also added too much salted butter.
Vanilla Custard Cake (Magic Cake)
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups milk lukewarm
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare 8×8 inch pan and lightly grease and preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl add the egg whites and whip until stiff peaks form, then set it aside.
- In another large bowl add the egg yolks, powdered sugar and mix until it’s well combined Then add the water and butter and mix, Then add the milk, vanilla extract, flour and mix until it’s well combined! Now take the egg whites and slowly fold it in.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes and cool completely.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Love the recipe’s…
Hey Lanie! Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind words.
Awesome recipe! Yumminess and goodness in one!
Thank you so much for swinging by my blog Cath! I appreciate it!
Can I use gluten free flour for this recipe?
Hi I was wondering if I can use a 9×9 baking pan ? Thanks !