Double Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies are soft, fudgy and full of delicious textures of both white and dark chocolate chips! This solves your craving for a delicious and filling chocolate chip cookie!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Double Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies Recipe:
- I like to scoop my cookie dough and freeze them for about 15 minutes before baking. This allows the butter to chill up that way when they bake, they don’t spread as much and you’re left with a thicker chewier cookie.
- Before mixing the dry ingredients like the cake mix, sift them carefully. This easy but very important step would make your cookies nice and evenly textured, without the lumps.
- After baking your Double Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies cookies, store them in an airtight container so you can enjoy them for several days.
- For a healthier cookie, you can add in flax seeds or chia seeds – they are loaded with vitamins and minerals.
- Aside from the chocolate chips, you can add in cocoa pebbles. They have tons of healthy natural oils that are good for you.
How to Make this Double Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Double Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies and once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
- butter, softened
- vanilla extract
- instant coffee mixed with water (optional)
- chocolate cake mix
- chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips
In a large bowl, add the softened butter and mix until it’s whipped and then add the egg and continue mixing until combined:
Next add the oil, vanilla extract, coffee and mix:
Add the chocolate cake mix and continue mixing until well combined, using a spatula or a handheld mixer might make it easier to mix:
When the dough is mixed thoroughly, it should look like this – even in color and no visible lumps:
This is my favorite part! Adding the chocolate chips in and mixing it! Mix, mix, mix until all the white and dark chocolate chips are evenly distributed in the dough:
Using the cookie scooper, scoop the dough on the baking mat and bake for 13-15 minutes:
I assure you Simply Bakers, the smell would be so delicious after baking these cookies! Serve them immediately after cooling or you can also keep it in a container.
Frequently Asked Questions for the Double Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies Recipe:
Q: Would this work in a gluten-free cake mix?
A: Yes, I am sure it would be fine to use a gluten-free cake mix for this recipe.
Q: Can I freeze the dough of this cookie recipe?
A: Yes you can freeze the cookie dough. Just make sure to thaw it completely before baking them.
Q: How long is the shelf life of this cookie?
A: You can keep this in an airtight container for a week, but I am sure this would be eaten up within just a day 🙂
Q: Can regular shortening be used instead of butter?
A: Yes, sure you can. Cookies made with butter are crispier than those made with shortening. Cookies made with shortening are chewier and flakier.
Try more cake mix cookie recipes:
Double Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee mixed with water optional
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, add the softened butter and mix until it’s whipped and then add the egg and continue mixing until combined.
- Next add the oil, vanilla extract, coffee and mix! Add the chocolate cake mix and continue mixing until well combined, using a spatula might make it easier to mix
- Using the cookie scooper, scoop the dough on the baking mat and bake for 13-15 minutes .
- Best served immediately
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
I’m definitely making this one! Looks easy and so yummy! I’m happy that your recipe uses cake mix!
yay!! Thank you so much Janelyn (: Please tag me on Facebook or on IG! xx <3 xoxo
Make some more yummy and easy recipes! I love them, Lainey!
Thank you so much for your kind words Carlee!
April R Acton says
Recipe does not indicate baking temperature! Please add–
I’m sorry for the late response. Please bake it at 350°F. Thanks for the heads up! Here’s my tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz0sOEMAvT4