I LOVE pie, especially when it’s homemade! So I’m super excited because Christmas is around the conner and I will be sharing with a delicious recipe sponsored by Crisco Scratch Academy! The recipe I will be sharing is Mini White Chocolate Strawberry Pie Recipe! Strawberries and white chocolate is the one of the most delicious combinations especially when it’s paired with an excellent pie crust recipe!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Watch the step by step video:
White Chocolate Strawberry Pie
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ¾ cups Crisco Shortening
- ½ cup water
- 1 egg
- 4 cups frozen or fresh strawberries
- ¾ cups white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425F, grease muffin tins.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together flour, shortening, sugar, and salt. Using a pastry cutter blending it all together until crumbly.
- In a small bowl, mix the water and egg, then blend into the flour mixture. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Grab a 4 inch round cookie cutter or a bowl. Roll out the pie crust to about 1⁄4 to 1⁄2 inch thick and cut into circles using the cookie cutter or bowl.
- Place the pie crusts in the greased muffins tins and bake for 8 -10 minutes.
- To make the STRAWBERRY FILLING, Place some white chocolate chips in the pie crusts.
- Add the strawberries and sugar in a saucepan over a medium low fire. Bring it to a boil and stir frequently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch, then gradually stir in the cornstarch mixture into boiling strawberry mixture. Reduce the heat and simmer until it’s thickened which takes about 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into the muffin tins. Chill and then serve with whip cream.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Share it on instagram or tag @simplybakings or #simplybakings!
How much mini pies does this make