Hi guys! It’s Lainey, Happy New Year! I hope you had a wonderful holiday!!! I’m so excited for 2016 because LOTS of new things are happening and to kick off the New Year, I want to share with you MY HOMEMADE Chocolate Cake Mix!!
Tips and Procedures:
- Sift the dry ingredients well before starting the mixing process. It will prevent lumps in your cake.
- Keep the premixed cake mix in an airtight container to increase its shelf-life.
- Give this Homemade Chocolate Cake Mix as a gift! Place in a mason jar and tie a ribbon and attach gift cards!
How to Make this Homemade Chocolate Cake Mix Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Homemade Chocolate Cake Mix.
Purchase all the ingredients:
all purpose flour
Once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined which is about 10 seconds of mixing:
Then place in an airtight container:
To make the cake preheat oven to 350F, oil two 8-inch pans, and line with parchment paper.
In a large bowl whisk together all the wet ingredients:
Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix with a wire whisk:
Add the cake batter into the pans and bake for 30 minutes:
Allow the cakes to cool for about 10 minutes then using a knife, slice around the edges of the cake and flip it over onto a cooling rack. Cool for at least 1 hour:
Frequently Asked Questions for the Homemade Chocolate Cake Mix Recipe:
Q: How many servings would this recipe do?
A: This easy cake mix recipe could make one batch of cake or when baked, you can make 2 layers of 8-inch cakes.
Q: Can I keep the cake mix for a month?
A: Yes you can. Just make sure to keep it in an airtight container.
Homemade Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cups cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coffee substitute it with imitation coffee or water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined which is about 10 seconds of mixing and then place in a airtight container.
- To make the cake preheat oven to 350F, oil two 8-inch pans, and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add the cake batter into the pans and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow the cakes to cool for about 10 minutes then using a knife, slice around the edges of the cake and flip it over onto a cooling rack. Cool for at least 1 hour.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Wow! I need this recipe!
Go grab it Yani! Thank you so much!
Marissa Staben says
Listen I personally think it is stupid to have your entire life story on the recipe. I came to your website to find a recipe for chocolate cake mix and had to scroll forever to find it. I don’t care about your blog I just want chocolate cake so just put the recipe at the top and give your dumb commentary at the end. And yes I know you have a jump to recipe button but the fact that you need that is just disappointing.
Hi Marissa, I guess you have clicked the “About Me” button. Beside it, there is a search box where you can directly type the recipe you want to check next time. Thank you for visiting my blog!
Charito Sabellano says
She gives me some informations on the things I didn’t know before.
I hope you find the information here an interesting or helpful one. Thank you for checking out my blog. I appreciate it!
Recipe sounds good. How long would a full size cake cook for?
Hi Crystal, it would take an hour or less to bake the cake and another hour for the cooling time. I’m sorry for the late response.