Hi guys! It’s Lainey, Happy New Year and I hope you had a wonderful holiday!!! I’m so excited for 2016 because LOTS of new things happening and To kick off the New Year, I want to share with you MY HOMEMADE Chocolate Cake Mix!!
Purchase all the ingredients:
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Click to watch the step by step video:
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cups cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coffee (substitute it with imitation coffee or water)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined which is about 10 seconds of mixing and then place in a airtight container.
- To make the cake preheat oven to 350F, oil two 8-inch pans, and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add the cake batter into the pans and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow the cakes to cool for about 10 minutes then using a knife, slice around the edges of the cake and flip it over onto a cooling rack. Cool for at least 1 hour.