These rocky road cookies are chewy, decadent, and so easy to make!
Because of the almonds, these are called Rocky Road cookies. If you want hot chocolate cookies, omit the almonds and now have hot chocolate cookies! `
Tips and Tricks for Making This Rocky Road Cookies Recipe:
- If you love gift-giving, you can bake dozens and wrap them in decorative bags to give as gifts.
- Store these cookies in an airtight container to prolong the shelf life.
- Sift your dry ingredients before mixing to avoid having lumps in your Rocky Road cookies.
How to Make this Rocky Road Cookies Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for these Rocky Road Cookies and once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
- powdered sugar
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- egg whites
- vanilla extract
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- chopped almonds
- mini marshmallows
- mini marshmallows to bake on cookies
Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet before mixing.
In a large bowl whisk together powdered sugar, salt, and unsweetened cocoa powder:
To that same bowl add egg whites, vanilla:
You are going to mix it until combined:
Once everything is mixed, stir in the Chocolate chips, sliced almonds, and marshmallows:
Using a small cookie scooper, scoop the cookie dough on a baking sheet or parchment paper. Top with several marshmallows and bake for 10-12 minutes:
The marshmallows will be slightly browned, as you can see here:
Allow the cookies to sit for a couple of minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely before serving:
Frequently Asked Questions for the Rocky Road Cookies Recipe:
Q: How many servings would this recipe do?
A: This delicious and easy Rocky Road Cookies recipe could make 12-16 cookies.
Q: Can I make this into a brownie sheet instead of cookies?
A: Yes you can do so. Just use a flat baking pan and spread the cookie dough evenly then top with marshmallows.
Q: Can I substitute unsweetened cocoa powder with Nutella?
A: Yes for sure you can do that if that is your preference. Just make sure to decrease the sugar quantity since it would be sweeter with the Nutella in it.
More fun cookie recipes you can try:
- Cookie Dough Bites
- Brownie Meringue Cookies | 5 Ingredients ONLY
- Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Nutella Cookies
- No-Bake Nutella Cookies
- Nutella Cookies
Rocky Road Cookies
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2.5 oz chopped almonds
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ½ - 1 cup mini marshmallows to bake on cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking sheet.
- In a large bowl whisk together powdered sugar, salt, and unsweetened cocoa powder. To that same bowl add egg whites, vanilla and you are going to mix it until combined!
- once everything is mixed, stir in the Chocolate chips, sliced almonds, and marshmallows.
- Using a small cookie scooper, scoop the cookie dough on a baking sheet or parchment paper. Top with several marshmallows and bake for 10-12 minutes. The marshmallows will be slightly browned.
- Allow the cookies to sit for a couple of minutes and then transfer to a cookie rack and cool completely.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Awesome recipe! Yumminess and goodness in one!
Thank you so much for your kind words, Cath! I appreciate it!
Yasir khan says
I like it
Thank you! Are you a fan of cookies? Hope you can check out my other easy and delicious cookie recipes too.
Bilal harba says
thank you ,,,,,I liked you
Hello there, Bilal. I appreciate your kind words. Thank you so much!