I called these rocky road cookies because of the almonds, however if you want “hot chocolate cookies”, omit the almonds and now have Hot chocolate cookies! These cookies are chewy, decadent, and so easy to make!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Watch the Step by Step Video:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2.5 oz chopped almonds
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ½ - 1 cup mini marshmallows to bake on cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare baking sheet.
- In a large bowl whisk together powdered sugar, salt, and unsweetened cocoa powder. To that same bowl add egg whites, vanilla and you are going to mix it until combined!
- once everything is mixed, stir in the Chocolate chips, sliced almonds, and marshmallows.
- Using a small cookie scooper, scoop the cookie dough on a baking sheet or parchment paper. Top with several marshmallows and bake for 10-12 minutes. The marshmallows will be slightly browned.
- Allow the cookies to sit for a couple of minutes and then transfer to a cookie rack and cool completely.