Perfect for dunking into hot milk OR coffee, whichever you like to drink this with! This is a cookie version of the ever-famous Banana bread, the Banana Bread Cookies!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Banana Bread Cookies Recipe:
- Before baking this cookie, make sure you have refrigerated the dough for at least 30 minutes or longer. It improves the texture of the cookies and makes the cookie dough so much easier to scoop out.
- If you love a bit of texture in your cookies, don’t hesitate to add in oatmeal to this recipe. Just make sure that the kind of oatmeal you use is baked or cooked very quickly since the baking time of this cookie is just under ten minutes or ten minutes the most.
- When spacing the cookie dough on your baking mat, make sure to give at least 2 inches of space apart for each dough. This would allow the cookies to spread and they won’t stick together after baking.
How to Make this Banana Bread Cookies Recipe:
After gathering all the ingredients and tools you will need, you are now ready to make these soft and chewy and of course, delicious Banana Bread cookies!
In a large bowl, add the butter, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and grab your whisk and mix it all together until it is light and fluffy:
You can now add the eggs and make sure to mix very well:
After that has been thoroughly mixed, add in the cup of mashed bananas and mix it again very well:
The mixture of wet ingredients should look like this and there should be no huge banana lumps. Set the bowl aside:
In another bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and all-purpose flour and mix very well. After mixing, pour it onto the wet ingredients and mix until everything is well-combined:
Place the dough on the mat and bake for eight to ten minutes:
I know your kitchen would smell so yummy by this time!
Look at those delicious banana bread cookies!!! They are the best for snacks, a go-to quick pre or post workout treat, or even breakfast with a cup of coffee! Hands down, these are one of my favorite cookies!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Banana Bread Cookies Recipe:
Q: How many servings would this recipe do?
A: This delicious and easy banana bread cookie recipe could make up to 12-16 cookies.
Q: Can I use bananas which have already dark skin for this recipe?
A: Yes, definitely! Those are the best to use when baking since it is already very ripe and it would smell so good after baking.Print
Banana Bread Cookies
Amazingly Banana soft and chewy Banana Bread Cookies which are perfect for snacks, breakfast or movie nights!
- ⅔ cups butter
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup banana, mashed (2 ½ medium sized bananas)
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, add the butter, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and grab your whisk and mix it all together until it is light and fluffy.
- You can now add the eggs and make sure to mix very well.
- After that has been thoroughly mixed, add in the cup of mashed bananas and mix it again very well. Set the bowl aside.
- In another bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and all-purpose flour and mix very well. After mixing, pour it onto the wet ingredients and mix until everything is well-combined.
- Chill them for at them 30 minutes – the longer the better.
- Scoop the banana bread cookies dough.
- Place the dough on the mat.
- Bake for eight to ten minutes. Cool before serving.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!