Tips and Tricks for Making This Banana Bread Cookies Recipe:
- Before baking this cookie, make sure you have refrigerated the dough for at least 30 minutes or longer. It improves the texture of the cookies and makes the cookie dough so much easier to scoop out.
- If you love a bit of texture in your cookies, don’t hesitate to add oatmeal to this recipe. Just make sure that the kind of oatmeal you use is baked or cooked very quickly since the baking time of this cookie is just under ten minutes or ten minutes at the most.
- When spacing the cookie dough on your baking mat, make sure to give at least 2 inches of space apart for each dough. This would allow the cookies to spread and they won’t stick together after baking.
How to Make this Banana Bread Cookies Recipe:
After gathering all the ingredients and tools you will need, you are now ready to make these soft and chewy and of course, delicious Banana Bread cookies!
In a large bowl, add the butter, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and grab your whisk and mix it all together until it is light and fluffy:
You can now add the eggs and make sure to mix very well:
After that has been thoroughly mixed, add in the cup of mashed bananas and mix it again very well:
The mixture of wet ingredients should look like this and there should be no huge banana lumps. Set the bowl aside:
In another bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and all-purpose flour, and mix very well:
After mixing, pour it onto the wet ingredients and mix until everything is well-combined:
Tadaaah! Now here is what the batter of your banana bread cookies should look like. Don’t bake them yet! Chill them for at them 30 minutes – the longer the better 🙂
Now that you are ready to bake them, grab your handy-dandy cookie scooper, or ice cream scooper if that’s what you have, and use it to scoop the banana bread cookie dough, just like so. Place the dough on the mat and bake for eight to ten minutes:
I know your kitchen would smell so yummy by this time!
Look at those delicious banana bread cookies!!! They are the best for snacks, a go-to quick pre or post-workout treat, or even breakfast with a cup of coffee! Hands down, these are one of my favorite cookies!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Banana Bread Cookies Recipe:
Q: How many servings would this recipe do?
A: This delicious and easy banana bread cookie recipe could make up to 12-16 cookies.
Q: Can I use bananas that have already dark skin for this recipe?
A: Yes, definitely! Those are the best to use when baking since it is already very ripe and it would smell so good after baking.
Banana Bread Cookies
- ⅔ cups butter
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup banana mashed (2 ½ medium sized bananas)
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, add the butter, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and grab your whisk and mix it all together until it is light and fluffy.
- You can now add the eggs and make sure to mix very well.
- After that has been thoroughly mixed, add in the cup of mashed bananas and mix it again very well. Set the bowl aside.
- In another bowl, combine all the dry ingredients: baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and all-purpose flour and mix very well. After mixing, pour it onto the wet ingredients and mix until everything is well-combined.
- Chill them for at them 30 minutes – the longer the better.
- Scoop the banana bread cookies dough.
- Place the dough on the mat.
- Bake for eight to ten minutes. Cool before serving.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
what is the ingreidents for the banana bread cookies and how to make it?Thank you
Hi there! You can watch my video on youtube.. and you can also find the ingredients on the description box. :)xx ????????
What is the temperature? 100 or 180 degrees fahrenheit? Thank you!
hi there! it’s 400 degrees fahrenheit for ten minutes! 🙂
Great recipe! Keep it up!
Thank you so much, Carlee!
Excellent! I made it and I loved them
With a cup of coffee it’s perfect
Hi! Oh, that sounds really yummy! You’re right, having this banana bread with coffee is perfect!
I have made these several times, because my Mother loves them. Plus, she has requested that I add lots & lots of crushed pecans, which I oblige! The whole family loves them, so they bring me their ripe bananas – now I have to make sure I have all the ingredients on hand!! Best recipe ever – thank you 🙏
You’re welcome! I’m glad to know that your whole family loves this recipe. Please share a photo if you have and tag me on IG or Facebook. I would love to see your version of these banana bread cookies. Hope you can try my other recipes too. Happy baking!
I made these cookies, but since I can’t eat almond flour I altered the recipe. I used 1 cup cavassa flour and 1/2 cup tigernut flour. That is the only change I made. The cookies were ready after 22 minutes. If I make these again I will add either chocolate chips or some dried fruit. This altered version needs a little extra.
Thank you for trying out this recipe. It’s great to know that you did some tweaks. I hope you like it! 🙂
Anna Woreta says
Looks good i’m gona try it
Hi Anna! Thank you for swinging by. Please share a photo in my IG or FB when you try this. I would love to see your version. Happy baking!
Christina Bellini says
How long do they last for?