Both my sisters are a huge fan of brownies and when I made these cookies, they scarfed it down. Personally, I thought it was good, but not that great. Have you guys tried it? Let me know how it turns out for you by commenting on the bottom. Happy baking!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Brownie Cookies Recipe:
- For perfectly shaped and evenly sized cookies, use a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop. It works perfectly each time!
- You can use white chocolate chips if dark chocolate chips are not available.
- Feel free to use semi-sweet chocolate chips if you are not a fan of the sweet chocolate chips.
- You can keep this for as long as one week in an airtight container if you can resist eating them all in one sitting.
How to Make this Brownie Cookies Recipe:
Before starting off with the mixing process, make sure to preheat oven to 350F and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper. if you are using a baking mat, make sure to spray it with nonstick baking spray if it is not the nonstick variety. If you do not have a baking spray, you can use oil or melted butter to grease your cookie sheet. Now, you are ready to start mixing the ingredients!
In a large bowl, add butter, brown sugar and white sugar:
Mix until well combined:
Add egg, vanilla extract, and continue mixing:
The mixture should look like this – smooth and evenly textured:
In another bowl, add cocoa powder, salt, baking soda. Mix them well until they are well combined:
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix:
Add some more deliciousness! Throw in our favorite chocolate chips! The more, the merrier – but not too many as the cookie dough won’t stick together 🙂
Roll cookies into 1 inch balls and bake for 10-12 minutes:
If you are baking these now, I am sure you are so tempted to eat them. It smelled sooo good in my kitchen!
Wait till it cools off completely, but if you can’t resist, you can eat warm cookies anyway 😉
Yes, I took a bite and it was sooo good! I couldn’t count anymore how many times I mentioned the word “good” when I baked these!
Take a good look at these cookies, if you stare at it long enough it will come to you. Just kidding! 😀
Frequently Asked Questions for the Brownie Cookies Recipe:
Q: What size of cookie scoop did you use for these cookies?
A: For these brownie cookies, I used the 2 inches cookie scoop.
Q: Can I make this dough ahead and bake them the next day?
A: Yes, for sure. Just put in a container and chill it.
Q: Can I still add nuts or other candies aside from the chocolate chips?
A: That would be a delicious and fun addition to this recipe! Go ahead and add them but not too much as it would make the cookies crack too much.
Q: Would coconut oil work instead of using butter?
A: Yes, it should work. It would just have a better taste when you use butter.
- ½ cup butter softened (1 stick)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper, baking mat, or use oil.
- In a large bowl, add butter, sugars and mix until well combined. Add egg, vanilla extract, and continue mixing.
- In another bowl add cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and mix until well combined. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix.
- Roll cookies into 1 inch balls and bake for 10-12 minutes.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!