Filipinos have this amazing food for breakfast. I understand how this Fried Rice has become a Filipino favorite. It’s so easy to make and you can definitely make it from scratch and day-old rice!
Fried Rice is my go-to recipe which I make pretty much every other day of the week. I come from a large family and we have an open-door policy. So most of our friends always drop and my parents taught me to always have food prepared and if someone drops by and you don’t have food prepared, whip something up and fried rice is one of those foods. This is just my take on fried rice and every time I make it, it tastes different but delicious!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Fried Rice Recipe:
- To bring out the aroma of spices into the oil where you will fry your rice, add in the spices while the oil is still slightly warm. It will cook the spices slowly and the aroma and taste of spices will infuse with the oil.
- If your rice is frozen, it helps to thaw it in room temperature for at least an hour before frying it.
- If you do not like to make your fried rice brown in color because of the soy sauce, you can season it with just plain rock salt or if you want the healthier version, use pink Himalayan salt if you have it.
How to Make this Fried Rice Recipe:
Here is a glimpse of the ingredients that you will need to make this delicious, made from scratch Fried Rice:
- day-old rice
- cloves of garlic
- soy sauce (rice will be brown)
- frozen vegetables
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
When all of the ingredients and kitchen tools you will need are ready, let’s begin!
In a wok add oil, garlic, salt to taste and onions and fry till onion is translucent:
Add the eggs and cook:
Add the rice, soy sauce, and pepper to taste:
At this time you can add the frozen vegetables and cook until vegetables are tender:
Season with soy sauce and mix:
Garnish with sliced green onions and serve:
Frequently Asked Questions for the Fried Rice Recipe:
Q: What other ingredients can I add into this Fried Rice recipe aside from frozen veggies?
A: There are a lot of possibilities for Fried rice ingredients! You can add in cubed fried tofu, mushrooms, even edible flowers. You just toss in whatever you think will go well with rice.
Q: Can I make fried rice in advance, like a day before?
A: Yes, you can cook it ahead and let it cool before putting it in the freezer. When you are ready to serve them, just heat in the microwave for a few seconds.
Q: Can I skip the eggs for this Fried rice recipe?
A: Yes, you can skip putting eggs to this recipe.
If you like this recipe you will enjoy these as well:
See how easy it is to whip up a quick and delicious Fried Rice with just a few ingredients and let your family and friends enjoy this Filipino breakfast recipe!
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 4 cups day old rice
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 of onion sliced
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce (rice will be brown)
- 1 egg beaten (or 1 cup of meat of your choice)
- 2 cups frozen vegetables
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a wok add oil, garlic, salt to taste and onions and fry till onion is translucent. Add the eggs and cook, then add the frozen vegetables and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add the rice, soy sauce and pepper to taste. Garnish with sliced green onions.
Fried rice is made best with at least 1 day old rice.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!