Fried Rice is my go to recipe which I make pretty much every other day of the week. I come from a large family and we have an open door policy. So most of our friends always drop and my parents taught me to always have food prepared and if someone drops by and you don’t have food prepared, whip something up and fried rice is one of those foods. This is just my take on fried rice and every time I make it, it taste different, but delicious!
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 4 cups day old rice
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 of onion sliced
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce (rice will be brown)
- 1 egg beaten (or 1 cup of meat of your choice)
- 2 cups frozen vegetables
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a wok add oil, garlic, salt to taste and onions and fry till onion is translucent. Add the eggs and cook, then add the frozen vegetables and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add the rice, soy sauce and pepper to taste. Garnish with sliced green onions.
Fried rice is made best with at least 1 day old rice.
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !