Cookies are my weakness! Hand me a cookie and I will do almost anything for you…almost 🙂
Tips on How to Make Easy Sugar Cookies
- Are you preparing cookies for a party? You can use this recipe and just multiply the ingredient measurements according to the number of cookies you need.
- Don’t forget to sift your dry ingredients. It is a VERY important step so you can avoid a lumpy cookie dough.
- Before making the cookie dough balls, rub some flour on both hands so that the cookie dough won’t stick as you form them into balls.
- If you want your cookies to be extra sweet, roll the cookie dough balls in sugar before placing them on the cookie sheets.
How to Make Easy Sugar Cookies
Before mixing the ingredients, first, preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease cookie sheet.
In a large bowl, soften the butter before adding any other ingredients:
Next, add in the sugar, egg, and vanilla to the softened butter, like so:
In a bowl add all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and mix:
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix:
Make 1-inch balls by simply rolling the dough with your hands:
Bake for 12-15 minutes and tadaaah! Those beautiful cookie cracks are the signs of perfectly-baked cookies!
Frequently Asked Questions for Easy Sugar Cookies Recipe:
Q: Can I convert this recipe into a chocolate sugar cookie if I add in cocoa or chocolate powder?
A: Certainly yes! Just look for chocolate cookie recipes and see how much cocoa or chocolate powder should you add in.
Q: Can I add chocolate chips or colorful sprinkles to this recipe?
A: Yes, that is absolutely a delicious idea! If you are not into counting calories, add a scoop 🙂
Q: Can I use a stand mixer for this recipe?
A: If you have a stand mixer available, you may use that for mixing the cookie dough.
Q: Can I use margarine instead of butter?
A: For all my cookie recipes (that need butter), I always use butter but yes, you can use margarine. I have not tried using margarine but I am sure it would taste just as good.
Watch my Easy Sugar Cookies STEP by STEP video:
Here are more popular cookies recipes you will enjoy.
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease cookie sheet
- In a bowl add all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and mix.
- In another bowl mix butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix
- Make 1-inch balls and bake for 12-15 minutes
Allison Bennett says
Please peanut butter kisses one cookie Monday(:
What a great idea! <3 Thank you so much for commenting ! (: xx
I love this recipe, I’m obsessed! I love making them and they taste like heaven!
Hi Jenny! Awesome, I’m so glad you love this recipe! It’s one of my favorites too!
Jennifer mitchell says
Can u use egg whites in place of the egg
Yes you can! just make sure to check the replacement of measurements online! (: xx great question (also you can always use egg replacement)
Rafia H says
Can I use oil instead of butter? If so how much oil?
you might want to consider Melt butter sticks as a plant-based substitute to butter too 🙂 https://www.cstoreproducts.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Sticks-JPEG.jpg
Unfortunately, no. This recipe is specifically made with butter. I hope you can try out this easy to make cookie recipe. 🙂
Hi, if I want to halve the recipe, how much flour do I use in grams and do I still use 1 egg?
Sorry, this recipe is perfect as is and halving it will not produce the same kind of cookies.