When I first tried Halo Halo, I handed the cup back to my mom and told her I didn’t want it. The second time I tried it, I took three bites and handed it back to my parents. I tried countless times to enjoy Halo Halo, but it wasn’t until one summer, my boyfriend handed me Halo Halo and told me to eat it.
From then on I loved Halo Halo and I probably spent more than $100 on Halo Halo that summer! Thanks boyfriend for handing me that cup of Halo Halo and telling me to eat it!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Watch the Video
- halo halo mixed fruit
- 2 cups of ice, shaved
- ¼ - ½ cup evaporated milk
- ube, mango, or coconut, vanilla ice cream
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- layer the halo halo starting with the halo halo mixture
- followed by the shaved ice and repeat til the glass is ⅓ full
- add evaporated milk
- add condensed milk (opt.)
- finish with your flavor of ice cream
-canned red beans and sweetened it with sugar
-canned white beans and sweetened
-chopped, burro bannas
you must have at least 2 fruits, red or white beans to get the taste of halo halo