I have been in love with ice cream sandwich cookies. Ever since I saw it on the grocery store in the ice cream section when I was a child, I knew it would be one of my favorite ice creams. I don’t know, maybe it’s the idea of cookies and ice cream combination which makes me really really love ice cream sandwich cookies. Honestly it taste alright, but just thinking of eating an ice cream cookie right now makes me salivate so much… yeah, I’m addicted to sugar. LOL!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Are you a visual learner? Watch the video!
Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup), softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 packet JELLO butterscotch (3.4 oz)
- 1⅛ cups self rising flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 cups half and half
- ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F, cover cookie sheets with parchment paper or baking mat.
- In a large bowl add, butter, sugar, and mix until well combined. Add egg, JELLO, and mix. Add flour and mix until there is no flour.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and bake for 13-15 minutes
- To make the ice cream, in a large bowl, mix together half and half, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Freeze overnight or use ice cream maker.
- To make the ice cream sandwich, place ⅛ cup of ice cream on cookie, drizzle caramel on ice cream, then cover with another cover. Slowly press together and freeze once more for 15-20 minutes.