Homemade Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies with Chocolate Chips and homemade ice cream – you will impress any guest with this delicious sweet confection! A perfect summer dessert that you can make days ahead and impress guests when you serve them!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies Recipe:
- Give the Ice Cream Sandwich cookies enough time to freeze. It is best to take it out from the freezer when you are ready to serve them to your guests.
- When making the ice cream, make sure you have mixed it well to ensure that you get the creamy and smooth ice cream consistency.
- Before adding the flour to the cookie mixture, sift it carefully so will have no lumps on your cookies.
How to Make this Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies and once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
- butter, softened
- brown granulated sugar
- JELLO butterscotch (3.4 oz)
- self-rising flour
- chocolate chips (optional)
- half and half
- sweetened condensed milk
- vanilla extract
- Caramel Sauce
Preheat oven to 350F, cover cookie sheets with parchment paper or a baking mat.
In a large bowl add, butter, sugar, and mix until well combined:
Add one egg and continue mixing well:
Add egg, JELLO, and mix:
Add flour and mix until there are no visible flour lumps :
Add in chocolate chips. Now, adding chocolate chips would be optional, but as we all know, it would taste way better! After which, the cookie dough should look like this:
Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and bake for 13-15 minutes:
To make the ice cream, in a large bowl, mix together half and half, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Freeze overnight or use ice cream maker.
To make the ice cream sandwich, place ⅛ cup of ice cream on a cookie, drizzle caramel on ice cream, then cover with another cover.
Slowly press together and freeze once more for 15-20 minutes. Look at that ooze of caramel! Yum!
There you have it, your very own homemade Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies and they are so easy to make!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies Recipe:
Q: How many cookies can this recipe make?
A: I did 6 cookies with this recipe so you can assemble 3 ice cream cookie sandwich.
Q: How long does ice cream sandwich cookies last?
A: As long as you keep them in the freezer, you can store it up to 4 days to a week.
Q: How do you store the ice cream sandwiches?
A: I placed them in a container and popped in the freezer.
Q: How many days can you make these cookies in advance?
A: You can make this in even up to 3 days in advance.
More ice cream recipes:
3 Ingredient Nutella Popsicles
Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
- 1 stick butter ½ cup, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 packet JELLO butterscotch 3.4 oz
- 1 ⅛ cups self rising flour
- ½ cup chocolate chips optional
- 2 cups half and half
- ⅓ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F, cover cookie sheets with parchment paper or baking mat.
- In a large bowl add, butter, sugar, and mix until well combined. Add egg, JELLO, and mix. Add flour and mix until there is no flour.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and bake for 13-15 minutes
- To make the ice cream, in a large bowl, mix together half and half, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Freeze overnight or use ice cream maker.
- To make the ice cream sandwich, place ⅛ cup of ice cream on cookie, drizzle caramel on ice cream, then cover with another cover. Slowly press together and freeze once more for 15-20 minutes.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Great recipe! Keep it up!
Thank you so much for your kind words, Cath! I appreciate it!