Hi everyone, it’s Lainey and welcome back to Simply Bakings! Today I’m sharing another delicious recipe with you sponsored by Crisco Scratch Academy. I’ll tell you more about the Scratch Academy later but in the meantime, I’m going to share with you how to make 3 flavors of mini Toaster Pastries!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Watch the full tutorial:
Making the pastry crust is so easy and it’s actually foolproof, all you need is
- 4 cups Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
- 1 ¾ cups Crisco Shortening Baking Sticks
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- 1 egg
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, shortening, sugar, salt and use a pastry cutter to blend it together until crumbly.
- In a small bowl mix the water and egg. Add it into the flour mixture and mix until it’s well combined.
- Split the dough in half and chill both halves in the refrigerator until ready to use. However since we are going to use it immediately, sprinkle some flour over your working space.
- Roll out the pastry crust to about ⅛ inch thick and cut it into the sizes you want for the toaster pastries. I’m going to use a ruler and a pizza cutter to help me keep my lines straight. (dimensions will be in the description box)
- Remember every pastry crust you slice, make a matching one to cover it.
Now to make the 3 flavors.
For the S’mores Flavor you will need
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- ½ cup chocolate spread
- ½ cup graham cracker pieces
- egg wash
- Brush egg wash on the toaster pastries to give it a nice golden color and poke the top pastry crust a couple of times to allow the heat to release so it won’t explode.
- Spread some marshmallow creme on the bottom toaster pastry, next add some chocolate spread, then sprinkle graham cracker pieces. Be careful not to add too much because sometimes less is more.
- Then take the top pastry crust and place on the bottom. Using a fork to press around the edges of the toaster pastries to seal it.
For the Chocolate Chip Flavor
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup plus 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- So do exactly what I mentioned above which is brush egg wash on the toaster pastries and poke the top pastry crust a couple of times.
- In a large bowl mix together the butter, sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. Then add the salt, all purpose flour, and chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of chocolate chip dough and flatten it, place it on the bottom of the pastry crust, and take the top pastry crust and cover it. Don’t forget to use a fork to press around the edges of the toaster pastries.
For the Cranberry Flavor
- 1 jar of Cranberry Jam
- Repeat process as above.
Now bake the toaster pastry at 350F for about 17‐20 minutes.
The Crisco Scratch Academy, is a virtual baking school to help and inspire at home baking using traditional pie and baking recipes! Whether you’re an experienced baker or making a pie crust for the very first time, check out the Crisco Heritage Kitchen site (www.Crisco.com/heritage-kitchen/) to discover new takes on traditional pie classics, baking tips, or find inspiration for your next baking adventure.
Don’t forget to visit www.Crisco.com/heritage-kitchen/ to find more baking inspiration!