The easiest Tofu poke ever! It’s like traditional Hawaiian Poke but made with tofu for an easy vegan vegetarian meal.
Tofu poke is one of my go-to meals when I’m too lazy to cook, and it’s my go-to recipe whenever there’s church potluck.
I’ve tried making this recipe using only tofu, soy sauce, sesame oil, onions, and salt, but adding the sesame seeds, green onions, and sriracha mayo gives it that Hawaiian flavor.
Keep in mind, there are so many variations of tofu poke, but here’s my version of it. 🙂
Tips on Making Tofu Poke:
- You can add sliced veggies if you enjoy a bit more texture in every bite!
- Tofu Poke is best marinated overnight.
- You can squeeze a quarter slice of lemon for a delicious tangy taste.
- If you love crispy tofu, you can fry the tofu before slicing it into cubes.
- Slice some avocados and mix with the tofu cubes for additional protein.
- Drizzle a bit of maple syrup for a slightly sweet taste in your tofu poke.
- Mix in some edamame beans for a more interesting texture in your tofu poke bowl.
How to Make Tofu Poke:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- extra firm tofu
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- sweet onions
- sesame seeds
- green onions
- sriracha mayo
Chop the tofu into ½-inch cubes and place in a mixing bowl:
Add soy sauce, sesame oil, onions, and salt:
Add in the sesame seeds:
Toss all the ingredients lightly:
Drizzle with sriracha mayo and refrigerate for 30 minutes or best overnight to let the flavors combine:
Garnish with sliced green onions:
Served this Tofu Poke chilled. It is best served with steamed rice.
Frequently Asked Questions for Tofu Poke:
Q: Can I use extra firm tofu for this recipe?
A: Yes. Extra-firm tofu is the best kind of tofu to use for this recipe.
Q: I love red cabbage. Can I add shreds of red cabbage in the tofu poke?
A: For sure, you can. Shred finely or slice thinly and mix into the tofu poke.
Q: I only have red onions. Can I use it instead of the white variety?
A: Yes, you can use red onions. It has a stronger taste than the white variety of onions.
More Delicious Tofu Recipes:
- 1 14-oz extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup sweet onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- sesame seeds
- 1 stalk green onions sliced
- sriracha mayo*
- Chop the tofu into ½-inch cubes and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, onions, salt, sesame seeds, green onions, and toss lightly.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or best overnight to let the flavors combine, and served chilled. Best served with steamed rice.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!