Moist, tender, and perfectly sweet! These vegan banana chocolate muffins are super easy to whip up and perfect for a light breakfast or snack!
Health benefits of whole wheat flour
- Rich in B Vitamins such as Vitamin B1, B3, and B5
- Is a great source of iron and calcium
- Good source of fiber and protein compared to regular white flour
- Is a perfect alternative to those who love to eat carbs but are trying to lose some weight
- It reduces risks of metabolic syndrome
- It can help lower Type 2 Diabetes risk
Health benefits of coconut milk
- It helps strengthen the body’s immune system
- It contains a lot of antioxidants
- Coconut milk is a healthy fat because of its anti-inflammatory properties
- Helps prevent anemia
- Prevents heart disease
- Great to use as natural hair and skin conditioner
Tips on Making Vegan Banana Chocolate Muffins:
- Do not overmix the batter. Just make sure everything is well incorporated and no lumps are formed from the wet ingredients. Overmixing the batter will make the muffin hard.
- You can make this into a banana bread instead of muffins. Just use a nonstick loaf pan and bake it!
- If you don’t have regular brown sugar, you can use coconut sugar instead. It has a light sweetness and it’s so natural and organic.
- Always use overripe bananas when making muffin recipes like this. Overripe bananas will make the muffins or bread sweeter and it’s more aromatic.
- Use muffin liners if you do not have nonstick muffin pans.
How to Make Vegan Banana Chocolate Muffins:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- whole wheat flour
- all-purpose flour
- brown sugar
- cane sugar
- ground cinnamon
- baking powder
- baking soda
- ground nutmeg
- very ripe mashed bananas
- vegetable oil or unsweetened applesauce
- coconut milk
- vegan chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners or grease muffin pans.
In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, cane sugars, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, salt until well combined:
In another large bowl, mix bananas, oil, coconut milk until well combined:
The mixture will look like this after thoroughly mixing:
Then add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined:
Make sure that you have mixed it thoroughly and there are no lumps from the dry ingredients:
You can now incorporate the chocolate chips onto the batter:
Add the batter into the muffin cups and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
These Vegan Banana Chocolate Muffins smelled so good in my kitchen!
When I arranged them on this cake tray, I couldn’t wait to take a bite 🙂
The muffin is soft with just the right amount of sweetness and it has such a pleasing texture!
Serve it with cold fruit juice or with a hot cup of coffee!
These Vegan Banana Chocolate Muffins are also perfect for tea parties and potlucks!
Frequently Asked Questions for Vegan Banana Chocolate Muffins:
Q: Can I replace chocolate chips with cacao nibs?
A: Yes, for sure. It would be a healthy and delicious alternative to vegan chocolate chips.
Q: Can I use regular gluten-free flour or almond flour for this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use other types of flour, depending on your preference and health & diet requirements.
Q: Does the brown sugar need to be organic?
A: If you have easy access to organic brown sugar or coconut sugar, that would be the best to use for this recipe. But, nonetheless, if you only have the regular brown sugar, that would be alright to use for this recipe.
Q: What plant milk can I use instead of coconut milk?
A: You can use almond milk, soy milk, or any nut milk you have on hand.
Q: Could this recipe be made as banana bread?
A: Yes, definitely! You can change the muffin tins into a loaf tin and you now a have a Vegan Banana Chocolate bread 🙂
More delicious muffin recipes:
More delicious dessert recipes:Print
Vegan Banana Chocolate Muffins
Make these super-light Vegan Banana Chocolate Muffins – perfect to bring during potlucks, bake during parties, or even as edible gifts!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 24 muffins 1x
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups very ripe mashed bananas
- 1 cup vegetable oil or unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners or grease muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, cane sugars, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, salt until well combined.
- In another large bowl, mix bananas, oil, coconut milk until well combined. Then add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined.
- Add the batter into the muffin cups and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Keywords: vegan banana chocolate muffins
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!