This Tofu Satay with Peanut Sauce is flavor-packed with curry paste, peanut butter, and more! It’s served with a creamy peanut dipping sauce that will leave you wanting for more!
What is Tofu Satay?
This Tofu Satay recipe is tofu marinated in a red/yellow Thai curry paste, coconut and other delicious ingredients. Then it’s placed onto skewers and baked or grilled to be cooked. It’s a great dish to serve for a healthy lunch or dinner with the whole family. It’s easy to make, tasty, and rich in protein!
Tips & Procedures:
- Check the curry paste for vegan friendliness as some brands contain fish oil.
- Before cutting the tofu into pieces, press the tofu to remove access water for optimal taste!
- Feel free to use seitan, tempeh, or your favorite protein
- For variations, add red bell peppers, mushrooms, or zucchini to the skewers.
- If you have extra peanut sauce, use it in a stir fry or use it as a dressing by thinning it out with water.
- Storage: Tofu satay should keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Peanut sauce for 7 days in the refrigerator.
How to Make Tofu Satay with Peanut Sauce:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- firm tofu
- chopped peanuts
- chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- coconut milk
- vegetable oil
- soy sauce (my favorite brand of soy sauce)
- red/yellow Thai curry paste
- minced garlic
- coconut milk (all-natural!)
- smooth roasted peanut butter
- brown sugar
- red Thai curry paste
- soy sauce
- pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, combine all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and toss in the tofu and marinate for 15 minutes:
Place the tofu pieces into the skewers with 3-4 pieces, then on a wire rack to bake in the oven for 25 minutes:
Meanwhile, combine the ingredients for peanut sauce in a small saucepan and Simmer for 3 minutes or until thickened while constantly stirring. Pour the sauce into a small bowl and set aside:
Remove the baked tofu from the oven and brush with the peanut sauce and sprinkle with chopped peanuts and cilantro before serving:
Frequently Asked Questions:
No, firm or extra firm tofu works best.
Absolutely! 10 to 12 minutes on each side on a low flame should do it!
Tofu Satay with Peanut Sauce
- 8 wooden skewers
- 16 oz firm tofu diced into 1-inch thick
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red/yellow Thai curry paste heaping
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup smooth roasted peanut butter
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red Thai curry paste heaping
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients.
- Toss in the tofu and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Insert the tofu pieces into the skewers, you'll have beetween 3-4 pieces on each skewer.
- Place on oven safe wire rack on a cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan over medium low heat, add the peanut sauce ingredients and simmer for 3 minutes or until thickened while stiring constantly.
- Pour the sauce into a small bowl and set aside.
- Remove the baked tofu from the oven and brush with peanut sauce and sprinkle with chopped peanuts and cilantro before serving.