This Green Mango Shake is refreshingly delicious and super easy to make! The sweet-tangy shake is a must try if you love mangos!
What is a Green Mango?
In the Philippines, there is a mango called the evergreen mango also known as the green mango. The fruit is forever green even when ripe and is actually sweet and sour to the taste.
Tips & Variations:
- If you can’t find green mangos, feel free to use your favorite type of mango.
- If you don’t have whole milk available, evaporated milk works well.
- To make this vegan friendly, use your favorite plant-based milk.
- If you want a sweeter drink, add more sugar by tablespoons.
- Storage: Best served fresh.
How to Make Filipino Green Mango Shake:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- green mango
- whole milk
- brown sugar
Place the green mango chunks, banana, milk, sugar, and ice cubes in the blender and blend until smooth. A High-speed blender will take about 1 minute, but all other blenders will take about 2-3 minutes.
Transfer to a tall glass and serve immediately:
Frequently Asked Questions:
It depends. In the Philippines, there is a type of mango that remains green even when ripe. It’s more round than the usual mango, it’s not too sour and it’s sweetness is similar to the carabao mango.
No, because it can cause stomach ache, acidity, and bloating.
Filipino Green Mango Shake
- 1 cup green mango deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 banana
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups ice
- Place the green mango chunks, banana, milk, sugar, and ice cubes in the blender and blend until smooth. A High-speed blender will take about 1 minute, but all other blenders will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into a tall glass and serve immediately.