This Vegan Eggnog recipe is a creamy plant-based drink made with a delicious blend of cashew, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and coconut flavors in a cup. It’s an easy drink recipe that can be served during holidays or any time of the day!
Love Christmas Holiday Drinks? Try my Nutella Hot Chocolate, Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate, Ginger Tea (to build immunity), or if you’re feeling very festive, try my Filipino Hot Chocolate- it’s so delicious!
What is Vegan Eggnog?
Traditionally, eggnog is made by whipping sugar and eggs, then stirring in milk and/or whipping cream, nutmeg, and bourbon, or spiced rum. It can be made on the stovetop, then cooled and combined with whipped egg white.
This non-alcoholic version, homemade vegan eggnog is super quick and easy to make and needs a few ingredients only. It tastes like rich dairy-free and sweet cashew milk that’s subtly spiced.
It can be served with your favorite bread or desserts and can be taken any time you want!
Health Benefits of Cashews:
- Help lose weight
- Prevents blood disease
- Improves heart health
- Prevents stroke
- Prevents or manages diabetes
- Protects the eye
- Good for the skin
- Source of dietary fibres
- Promotes healthy and shiny hair
Tips and Procedures:
- In making your own dairy-free milk, soak nuts of choice overnight in cool water or cover with hot water and soak for 1 hour. Then drain, rinse well, and add to a high-speed blender along with the desired amount of filtered water.
- You can sweeten this drink naturally by using maple syrup, coconut sugar, or honey.
- Feel free to use almond milk, canned coconut milk, soy milk, or any non dairy milk in this recipe.
- You can top this drink with a cinnamon stick or ground nutmeg.
- Blend the ingredients on high until creamy and smooth. Then taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more spices or sweeteners to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy this drink cold, over ice, or hot by heating over medium heat until warm.
- Feel free to serve as is or with coconut whipped cream and a pinch more cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Storage: Leftovers should be stored in a jar and kept in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days, or freeze into ice cubes and store up to 1 month. Stir or shake well before serving.
How to Make Vegan Eggnog:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
In a blender, add all the ingredients and blend until smooth:
Bring a medium-size pot to medium heat and add the blended ingredients. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Make sure to keep whisking, so it doesn’t get lumpy, cook for about 10 minutes. Set aside and let cool off.
Once cooled off, blend again and then pour through a strainer, to remove all lumps:
Serve cold and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
It tastes like a rich, creamy, and sweet egg-free milk that’s subtly spiced.
The traditional eggnog is made with eggs, milk, cream, sugar, and spices. This vegan eggnog on the other hand is made of a delicious blend of raw cashews, coconut milk, coconut cream, sweetener, and spices for a dairy-free and egg-free alternative to the classic drink.
Add more coconut cream to the ingredients of this vegan recipe. You can also add dates to help thicken it.
- 1 ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup raw cashew
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- In a blender, add all the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- In a medium-size pot over medium heat and add the blended ingredients and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Make sure to keep whisking, so it doesn’t get lumpy, cook for about 10 minutes. Set aside and let cool off.
- Once cooled off, blend again and then pour through a strainer, to remove all lumps.
- Serve cold and enjoy!