Honestly guys, I had the hardest time picking out todays recipe. Lately, I have been struggling to put together some really delicious and easy recipes. Fortunately I was able to look through last years list of desserts I wanted to make, and I found this recipe on the list. I hadn’t made this recipe since last year, so I was incredibly happy when I bit into the cupcakes! It was as if I bit into fall, is that even possible?
The Cream Cheese Frosting I used was the same frosting I used to make Ghost Cupcakes, have you guys seen the video? Do you have a favorite way to make cream cheese frosting or do you just use powdered sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla extract?
I am looking forward to the rest of the year and as a baker (not a pro:), it is one of the most busiest times of the year for me. I have not been faithful in following my schedule this past year, but I’m hoping to be back on my regular upload schedule starting TODAY. Will you hold me to that? I need someone accountable.
You guys are the best! I have some of the most faithful and loyal viewers and I want to get to know you more! So let’s be friends on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter, and tell me your favorite dessert and why!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 heaping teaspoon all spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon bakin gsoda
- ½ can pure pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350 F, prepare cupcake liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, add flour, allspice, salt, whisk, and set aside.
- In a large bowl add softened butter, sugars and mix with a handheld mixer. Add eggs, vanilla extract and continue mixing until everything is well combined. Next add pumpkin, baking soda and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until everything is well combined.
- Add batter to cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes.