These 4 Ingredient Puff Pastry Twists are flavored with chocolate and strawberry jam for a crowd-pleasing party dessert. They are really easy to make and disappear in a flash!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Puff Pastry Twists Recipe:
- When twisting the puff pastries, make sure to secure the ends so it won’t loosen up while baking, which would result in a not-so-pretty twist.
- Use or brush just the right amount of jam on your puff pastries. It tends to ooze out and be messy when you brush too much of the jam.
How to Make Puff Pastry Twists:
Preheat oven to 400F and prepare baking sheets using parchment paper or a baking mat. Defrost puff pastry (takes about 40 minutes to an hour). Sprinkle flour on the table then roll out puff pastry to about 1-2 inches bigger:
Slice puff pastry in half, making a rectangle:
Meanwhile, melt strawberry jam in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds to make it easier to spread on the puff pastry. Once ready, spread jam on one side using a pastry brush:
If adding chocolate chips, add now, then cover with the other half of the puff pastry:
After placing all the chocolate chips, twist the puff pastries to seal it:
Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes:
Allow to cool for 2 minutes, and it should look like this:
If you have a sweet tooth like me, you can sprinkle powdered sugar:
I’m such a visual learner and need videos and sometimes pictures to learn how to make a recipe. Please enjoy the video and don’t forget to share with a friend who loves puff pastry recipes! Happy Baking!
Frequently Asked Questions for Puff Pastry Twists Recipe:
Q: Can I make these ahead and freeze it before baking?
A: Yes, you can. Doing so will save you a lot of time. Just pop them in the oven when you are about to eat them.
Q: I want to shape them in circles instead of twists. Can I use a cookie cutter to shape the puff pastry?
A: Using a cookie cutter is the best way to cut it in circles. Do the same steps like brushing jam and adding in chocolate chips then secure the edges tightly before popping them in the oven.
Q: How many servings does this recipe make?
A: When I baked these, it came up to 15 puff pastry twists. You can serve about two to three persons.
Watch my Puff Pastry Twists STEP by STEP video:
If you like this recipe, try these ones too:
I have more 4 ingredient recipes on my blog you might enjoy trying:
4 Ingredient Puff Pastry Twists
- 1 package puff pastry
- flour for dusting
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 10–20 chocolate chips
- powdered sugar*
- Preheat oven to 400F, prepare baking sheets using parchment paper or baking mat.
- Defrost puff pastry (takes about 40 minutes to an hour). Sprinkle flour on table then roll out puff pastry to about 1-2 inches bigger.
- Slice puff pastry in half, making a rectangle.
- Melt strawberry jam in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds to make it easier to spread on the puff pastry. Spread jam on one side using a pastry brush. If adding chocolate chips, add now then cover with the other half the puff pastry.
- Cut (shown on video), then twist. Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes, then sprinkle powdered sugar.