These 5 Ingredient Brownie Meringue Cookies are incredibly light made from sugar and whipped egg whites! The cookies will melt in your mouth and leave you wanting to eat more!
Whenever I heard the word meringue in a recipe, I stayed away because it scared me! I thought meringue recipes would be hard, complicated, messy, but as per usual, I was wrong. I made this recipe once and it was perfect. I gotta say, I was quite surprised by the texture of the cookie. It’s as if I am biting into air… Don’t believe me, give it a try!
How to Make Brownie Meringue Cookies:
In a medium-sized bowl, add the unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted powdered sugar, and salt:
Whisk it until well-combined:
In another bowl, add 2 egg whites:
Whip it until soft peaks form, just like this:
Gradually add the powdered sugar mixture and fold it in the meringue mixture:
Add the chocolate chunks to the mixture and mix well:
Quick Tip: This cookie batter is sticky, so to prevent the batter from sticking to your fingers, dip your fingers in a bit of oil (any kind) before pressing into your cookie batter.
Scoop the mixture on your cookie sheet, flatten cookies for them to bake evenly and bake for 15 minutes at 350F:
Enjoy your delicious cookies!
The recipe is below, plus a full video to completely guide you through the baking process. Happy Baking!
Brownie Meringue Cookies | 5 Ingredients ONLY
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of chocolate chunks*
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted powdered sugar, and salt. Whisk it until well-combined.
- In another bowl, add 2 egg whites. Whip it until soft peaks form. Gradually add the powdered sugar mixture and fold it in the meringue mixture.
- Add the chocolate chunks to the mixture and mix well.
- Scoop the mixture on your cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 350F.
- Enjoy your delicious cookies!