Have you guys seen this video yet? You might notice I sound nasally and that is because I got sick. 🙁 I have been VERY stressed the last few weeks and it finally caught up with me. Now I absolutely HATE getting sick because it’s a setback and I literally lie in bed and sleep all day because when I’m out, I’m out COLD.
So when filming this video, I had to rely on my assistant to taste test the cookies. Disclaimer: I’ve tried the cookies before, but it was a LONG time ago. Fortunately, it turned out great and my assistant LOVED it.
Salted Caramel is my weakness and after tasting these cookies, it will be your weakness too. Let me know in the comments how the cookies turn out for you guys!
Check out the sea salt! I just get really happy whenever I use some of my favorite ingredients in recipes! 🙂
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Click to Watch the step by step video:Print
Caramel Salted Chocolate Cookies
- Yield: 24 1x
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 package of caramels
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F, oil cookie sheets or use cookie mats.
- In a large bowl, add butter, sugars, and mix until well combined. Add eggs, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and mix very well. Then add flour, baking soda, salt, and mix until well combined. Add chocolate chips and mix.
- Using a large cookie scooper, spoon dough into hand and place caramel in the center of the cookie and cover the caramel.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, these make large cookies.