These Caramel Salted Chocolate Cookies are delicious and have a gooey pocket of salted caramel inside! Perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or just an ordinary day!
Have you guys seen this video yet? You might notice I sound nasal and that is because I got sick. 🙁 I have been VERY stressed the last few weeks and it finally caught up with me. Now I absolutely HATE getting sick because it’s a setback and I literally lie in bed and sleep all day because when I’m out, I’m out COLD.
So when filming this video, I had to rely on my assistant to taste test the cookies. Disclaimer: I’ve tried the cookies before, but it was a LONG time ago. Fortunately, it turned out great and my assistant LOVED it.
Salted Caramel is my weakness and after tasting these cookies, it will be your weakness too. Let me know in the comments how the cookies turn out for you guys!
Check out the sea salt! I just get really happy whenever I use some of my favorite ingredients in recipes! 🙂
Tips and Tricks for Making These Caramel Salted Chocolate Cookies Recipe:
- Sift, sift, sift! This applies to all dry ingredients to avoid lumps in your cookie dough.
- Keep the cookies in an airtight container after cooling them completely for longer shelf life.
- I like to scoop my cookie dough and freeze them for about 15 minutes before baking. This allows the butter to chill up that way when they bake, they don’t spread as much and you’re left with a thicker chewier cookie.
- You can use semi-sweet cocoa powder if you do not like the bitter taste of the dark, unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Use chocolate chunks if you do not have chocolate chips on hand.
How to Make these Caramel Salted Chocolate Cookies Recipe:
These are the ingredients you will need:
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
- sea salt
Preheat oven to 350F, oil cookie sheets or use cookie mats.
In a large bowl, add butter, sugars, and mix until well combined:
Add eggs, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and mix very well:
Then add flour, baking soda, salt, and mix until well combined:
Add chocolate chips and mix:
Using a large cookie scooper, spoon dough into hand and place caramel in the center of the cookie and cover the caramel:
Bake for 13-15 minutes, these make large cookies:
After taking out from the oven, cool the cookies completely on a wire rack:
And here they are, Simply Bakers! Delicious, gooey, soft, and truly an easy cookie recipe to make!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Caramel Salted Chocolate Cookies Recipe:
Q: How long will these cookies last?
A: These cookies will last for a week if you won’t eat the whole batch in one sitting 🙂
Q: Are these cookies supposed to be chewy?
A: It does have a slightly chewy texture to it but it also has a soft texture inside.
Q: How many cookies did this recipe make?
A: I have made about 24 cookies using this recipe.
Q: How do you store these cookies?
A: Keep them in an airtight container after cooling them completely.
Q: Do you use dark cocoa powder in this cookie recipe?
A: Yes, I used dark cocoa powder in this recipe. Dark cocoa powder is my favorite to use in cookies like these.
Q: Can I use caramel jam instead of the caramel candy?
A: Yes, for sure. I think it would give the same delicious and gooey texture of the cookies.
Caramel Salted Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 package of caramels
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F, oil cookie sheets or use cookie mats.
- In a large bowl, add butter, sugars, and mix until well combined. Add eggs, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and mix very well. Then add flour, baking soda, salt, and mix until well combined. Add chocolate chips and mix.
- Using a large cookie scooper, spoon dough into hand and place caramel in the center of the cookie and cover the caramel.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, these make large cookies.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!