I LOVE Ferrero Rocher! I can eat it every day for the rest of my life which is not a good idea, I know. But if I could, I would.
I remember two summers ago, I went to the Philippines for a mission trip and one of the chocolates I brought was Ferrero Rocher. Note, that in the Philippines, the chocolate tastes different, it’s not as sweet, it’s more bitter, and it doesn’t taste like chocolate. So when bringing chocolate from America, the Filipino People LOVE it!! Anyways, since it was packed in my luggage, I ate a WHOLE bunch which got me sick during the trip, but I still ate it! That is how much I LOVE Ferrero Rocher!
If there is one chocolate candy I can eat for the rest of my life it’s Ferrero Rocher!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes Recipe:
- If you want to make your Ferrero Rocher cupcakes fancier, drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with sprinkles or your favorite nuts like chopped hazelnuts, peanuts or slivered almonds!
- To make the mixing of the cream cheese, cube it into smaller pieces. It would make the mixing less tedious and would result in a smooth buttercream frosting.
- Are you hosting a party? Make these Ferrero Rocher cupcakes and double the ingredient quantities of the recipe.
How to Make this Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes Recipe:
Before starting off with the mixing process, make sure to preheat oven to 400F and line your muffins pan with cupcake liners.
In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Mix it until everything is well-combined:
In a separate bowl, you will need to mix the wet ingredients. So, add in the milk, vanilla extract, oil, and egg:
Take your handheld mixer and you’re gonna mix it until it is light and fluffy:
Now, it’s time to mix the wet and dry ingredients:
Mix it very well so the cupcake would look like this:
Take about a tablespoon of cupcake batter and place it onto your cupcake liners. Then grab your Ferrero Rocher (I cut the Ferrero Rocher in half but you can keep it whole), and place it into the center of the cupcake:
Then fill up the cupcake liners to about two-thirds full. Now it’s ready to pop into the oven and bake it for 15 to 20 minutes at 350% Fahrenheit:
I know the waiting time is like forever and I can imagine that at this time, your kitchen smells so delicious BUT once the cupcakes are done baking, cool them first because we are going to make the chocolate frosting!
In a mixing bowl, you’re going to add the softened butter and powdered sugar and mix it until it’s light and fluffy. Once the powdered sugar and butter are mixed, go ahead and add the softened cream cheese. Finally, add in the cocoa powder, vanilla extract, some melted chocolate and my favorite ingredient, Nutella!
Mix, mix, mix – until it becomes light and fluffy, just like so:
Now it’s time to frost the cupcakes!
Once you’re finished frosting the cupcakes, add the Ferrero Rocher on top! Doesn’t that look so yummy and pretty!?!
Frequently Asked Questions for the Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes Recipe:
Q: Can the Ferrero Rocher cupcakes be kept for hours in room temperature when frosted?
A: It would depend on the temperature of the place you are in. Usually, in cold places like the U.S. and other places, it can stay in room temperature for at least two hours without melting.
Q: Can I convert this recipe into a cake recipe?
A: Sure, you can. Just bake it using a cake pan instead of cupcake tin pans.
Q: I want to make the frosting ahead. Can I freeze it so I can use it anytime?
A: The best way to keep the frosting is to chill it and use it when needed.
Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 6 Ferrero Rocher
- Chocolate Nutella Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 4 oz candy melts, melted
- 12 Ferrero Rocher
- In a large bowl, add flour, sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Mix it until everything is well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, you will need to mix the wet ingredients. Add in the milk, vanilla extract, oil, and egg.
- Take your handheld mixer and you’re gonna mix it until it is light and fluffy.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients.
- Take about a tablespoon of cupcake batter and place it onto your cupcake liners.
- Grab your Ferrero Rocher and place it into the center of the cupcake.
- Fill up the cupcake liners to about two-thirds full.
- Pop into the oven and bake it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once the cupcakes are done baking, cool them first because we are going to make the chocolate frosting.
Here’s how to make the chocolate buttercream frosting:
- In a mixing bowl, you’re going to add the softened butter and powdered sugar and mix it until it’s light and fluffy.
- Once the powdered sugar and butter are mixed, add the softened cream cheese and mix again until well-incorporated.
- Finally, add in the cocoa powder, vanilla extract, some melted chocolate and Nutella.
- Mix well until well blended and until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Frost the cupcakes and top it with Ferrero Rocher.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!