This Boston Cream Cupcake recipe is easy to follow, delicious, and would make a lovely dessert centerpiece for any party or family gathering! Also, this famous cupcake is usually made using an instant cake mix, but I’m going to teach you how to make it from scratch!
One of the easiest ways to make Boston Cream Cupcakes (without using cake mix) is foolproof! I used instant vanilla pudding for the filling and it’s so good with the cupcakes!! The ganache is excellent and it’s so easy to make. Adding the light corn syrup aids the chocolate and makes it easier to make! (At least to me.) One of my favorite cupcake recipes yet!!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Easy Boston Cream Cupcakes Recipe:
- Adding light corn syrup to the ganache is important as it tends to give out a delicious luster.
- If you love your ganache to be a bit sweeter, you can use semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- When adding the vanilla cream pudding, you can place it in a pastry bag and fill the cupcakes as needed
How to Make this Easy Boston Cream Cupcakes Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Easy Boston Cream Cupcakes and once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
- unsalted butter softened
- vanilla extract
- cups flour
- baking powder
- Instant Vanilla Pudding
- heavy whipping cream
- dark chocolate chips
- light corn syrup
Preheat the oven to 350 F, and prepare a muffin pan by using cupcake liners or greasing the pan.
In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar:
Add vanilla and eggs what a time, beating after each addition. Set bowl aside:
In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Alternate adding the flour mixture and butter, beating until well combined:
Fill the batter ¾ of the way full:
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cool completely:
To make the filling, in a large bowl add the instant vanilla pudding and 3 cups of milk. Mix until it becomes custard-like. Refrigerate it until ready to use:
To make the ganache, in a small bowl, add the dark chocolate chips and heavy cream, and microwave for 1 minute:
Add the light corn syrup and mix until the chocolate thickens:
To assemble the cupcakes, cut the cool cupcakes in half:
You can also cut a hole in the middle of the cupcake using a knife, just like so:
Using a spoon add some of the fillings to the bottom of the cupcake, then cover it:
The cupcake would look like this when you cut it in half after adding some fillings in the middle:
You can then slowly drizzle the cupcake with ganache:
Tadaah! Wasn’t that so easy to do? Easy Boston Cream Cupcakes are best served immediately 🙂
Frequently Asked Questions for the Easy Boston Cream Cupcakes Recipe:
Q: Why is it called Boston cream cupcake?
A: Boston Cream pie is the official dessert of Massachusetts, and Boston is the capital of Massachusetts, hence the dessert was named after that capital.
Q: Should these cupcakes be refrigerated when I make them a day ahead?
A: You can opt not to chill it but for safe storage, you can keep it refrigerated until you are ready to serve them.
Here are more cupcake recipes you can try! Happy Baking!
Easy Boston Cream Cupcakes
- ¾ unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 3 cups milk
- ⅔ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 F, prepare muffin pan by using cupcake liners or greasing the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. Add vanilla and eggs what a time, beating after each addition. Set bowl aside.
- In another bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and butter, beating until well combined.
- Fill the batter ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cool completely.
- To make the filling, in a large bowl add the instant vanilla pudding and 3 cups of milk. Mix until it becomes custard like. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the ganache, in a small bowl add the dark chocolate chips, heavy whipping cream and microwave for 1 minute. Add the light corn syrup and mix until the chocolate thickens.
- To assemble the cupcakes, cut the cool cupcakes in half, using a spoon add some of the filling to the bottom of the cupcake, then cover it, and then slowly drizzle the ganache.
- Best served immediately
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!