One of the easiest way to make Boston Cream Cupcakes (without using cake mix) and it’s fool proof! I used instant vanilla pudding for the filling and it’s so good with the cupcakes!! The ganache is excellent and it’s so easy to make. Adding the light corn syrup aids to the chocolate and makes it easier to make! (At least to me.) One of my favorite cupcake recipes yet!!
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Learn how to make the cupcakes:
- ¾ unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 3 cups milk
- ⅔ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 F, prepare muffin pan by using cupcake liners or greasing the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. Add vanilla and eggs what a time, beating after each addition. Set bowl aside.
- In another bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and butter, beating until well combined.
- Fill the batter ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cool completely.
- To make the filling, in a large bowl add the instant vanilla pudding and 3 cups of milk. Mix until it becomes custard like. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the ganache, in a small bowl add the dark chocolate chips, heavy whipping cream and microwave for 1 minute. Add the light corn syrup and mix until the chocolate thickens.
- To assemble the cupcakes, cut the cool cupcakes in half, using a spoon add some of the filling to the bottom of the cupcake, then cover it, and then slowly drizzle the ganache.
- Best served immediately