An easy 3-ingredient Chocolate Cupcake recipe made with flour, eggs, and chocolate chips. These chocolate cupcakes are more on the dense side, but delicious and satisfying!
Looking for more delicious cupcakes? Try my Red Velvet Cupcakes, Lemon Cupcakes, or my Addicting Pina Colada Cupcakes!
Tips on How to Make 3 Ingredient Cupcakes
- When making big batches of cupcakes, just multiply the listed ingredients according to the number of cupcake pieces you need.
- It is important that before measuring your all-purpose flour, you sift it in a fine flour sieve to avoid lumps in your cupcake.
- Always remember that spraying your cupcake liners is a must. This is helpful, especially in recipes where no oil or any fat/shortening is added. The cooking spray prevents your baked goods from sticking to the liners.
- When melting chocolate, be careful not to put your stove on very high heat. It will burn your chocolates and it will also cause them to curdle.
- After baking your cupcakes, you can always be playful about what frosting you would like to have. My suggestions would be Nutella, cream cheese frosting, whipped cream, chocolate frosting or ganache, vanilla buttercream, peanut butter, or just plain confectioner’s sugar.
How to Make 3 Ingredient Cupcakes:
You will need just 3 ingredients for this delicious cupcake recipe and for sure, you can find all of these in your pantry – 3 eggs, chocolate chips, and all-purpose flour:
Preheat oven to 350 F, line 6 cupcake tins with liners and spray with oil. This is an important step that you don’t want to miss because as we have not added any oil/shortening as an ingredient, there is a tendency that the cupcake will stick to the paper cups even after baking:
In a large bowl add 3 eggs and whisk it well. You can either do it with a wire whisk or a hand mixer:
Add the all-purpose flour and mix until you see no lumps:
The consistency has to be slightly runny, just like this. Set this bowl aside.
In a saucepan, add the chocolate and melt the chocolate until it is nice and smooth:
Stir it consistently so you won’t burn the chocolate. If it still has big lumps of chocolate, continue stirring it:
Once the texture is nice and smooth, you can now add the egg mixture to the chocolate and mix very well:
You can see that it will turn out glossy and smooth:
Take your cupcake pan that is lined with 6 cupcake liners and add the batter into the liners:
Don’t worry if your cupcake liners do not look neat after adding the batter. It will hold up its shape and will turn out pretty once it is baked.
After baking for 15-18 minutes, here is your 3-ingredient cupcake, smelling so delicious and chocolatey!
I was so excited to take a spoon and taste it, and indeed, it was perfect! The cupcake texture was moist and it was not too sweet since we did not add any granulated sugar. Perfect to have with a cup of brewed coffee!
Here’s a full video to completely guide you through the baking process and the recipe is below, Enjoy!
More Cupcake Recipes:
3 Ingredient Cupcakes
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup of milk chocolate or dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 F, line 6 cupcake tins with liners and spray with oil.
- In a large bowl add 3 eggs and whisk it well. Next add the all purpose flour and mix until you see no lumps. Set this bowl aside.
- In a sauce pan add the chocolate and melt the chocolate until it is nice and smooth and be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Once it’s nice and smooth add the egg mixture to the chocolate and mix very well.
- Then take your cupcake pan that is lined with 6 cupcake lines and make sure to spray it and add the batter into the liners.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
Can’t believe this yummy recipe uses just a few ingredients!
Hi Bonnie! Yes, it’s really amazing. I hope you can try this as well as the other 3 or less ingredient recipes. Please tag me if ever you bake them. Enjoy baking! 🙂
Chol Reath says
Really simple love this recipe 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😁😁😁
awww, thank you! Tag me please if you make this recipe. What are the other recipes that you like? 🙂
Can I use Cocoa Powder instead instead of chocolate?
Unfortunately, you can’t use cocoa powder for this recipe. It’s best to use chocolates for this cupcake. Thank you for swinging by.
Please tag me with your cupcake photos when you bake it! 🙂
Bob and Frankie says
It tastes like burnt rubber. Can you please make a new recipe? Thanks!
Oh no, sorry to know about it. It needs to be careful not to burn the chocolates in this recipe. Anyways, I have new recipes every week. I hope you can check them out! 🙂
You may have better luck melting the chocolate and not having it burn by using a double boiler (an easy way to do this is to put some water in a pot, and a bowl on top of the pot letting the steam slowly melt the chocolate chips!)!
Hi Violet, thank you for the tips! I appreciate it.
Christopher Mas says
It was okay, but its kinda more brownie than cupcake.
Yeah, this chocolate cupcake looks something like a brownie, which makes it more amazing. Thank you for dropping by, Christopher!