Grated carrots, ground cinnamon, sugar, butter, and all the delicious ingredients are in these Carrot Cookies! Such an easy cookie to make and perfect for the Fall season!
Tips and Tricks for Making This Carrot Cookies Recipe:
- Before mixing the dry ingredients like all-purpose flour, baking soda, and granulated brown sugar, sift them individually. This easy but very important step would make your cookies nice and evenly textured. It wouldn’t be fun biting into a lump of flour in between 🙂
- After baking your Carrot Cookies, store them in an airtight container so you can enjoy them for several days.
- If you do not have nonstick cookie sheets or pans, you can line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- For a more nutritious cookie, you can add in chia seeds. That is such an energy booster addition!
- If you do not have slivered almonds, you can use any nuts that you have in your pantry.
How to Make this Carrot Cookies Recipe:
Gather the ingredients for this Carrot Cookies recipe and once the ingredients are all ready, let’s begin!
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- ground cinnamon
- powdered sugar
In a large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Then add in the carrot and vanilla extract and continue mixing until well combined:
In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, and salt:
Then gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined:
Divide the dough in half, shape into a square, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or best overnight:
Preheat oven to 325 and prepare cookie sheets by using parchment paper or use a nonstick cookie sheet. While preheating your oven, roll out the cookie dough and flatten using a rolling pin:
After I got the thickness I want for my Carrot cookies, I cut out circles using a cookie cutter:
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown then remove the cookie sheet and transfer to cookie rack, sprinkle powdered sugar:
The excess dough from the circle Carrot cookies was made into leaf Carrot cookies! Aren’t they too cute to eat?!? But promise, I did eat them 🙂
Frequently Asked Questions for the Carrot Cookies Recipe:
Q: Should these cookies be refrigerated?
A: Yes, you can keep this in the fridge but make sure to store them in an airtight container. Place at room temperature before serving or warm them up in a microwave oven.
Q: Can I make the dough ahead and freeze it?
A: Yes, you can freeze the mixed dough and thaw completely at room temperature before baking it.
Q: How many cookies would this recipe make?
A: If you make large cookies, you can make 10-12 Carrot cookies but if you make it smaller, it would make up to 16 cookies per batch.
Q: Can I add in oatmeal to these Carrot cookies?
A: Yes for sure, you can. Just add the right amount, maybe one-fourth of a cup so that it won’t affect the cookie consistency too much.
Here are more delicious cookie recipes that you should try:
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Cookies
- Quick & Easy Cranberry Chip Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Apple Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- Choco Mint Blossom Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Then add in the carrot and vanilla extract and continue mixing until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- Then gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Divide the dough in half, shape into a square, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or best overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325, prepare cookie sheets by using parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Remove the cookie sheet and transfer to cookie rack, sprinkle powdered sugar.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!