For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Carrot Cookies Step by Step Video:
Author: Lainey Liz
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Then add in the carrot and vanilla extract and continue mixing until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- Then gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Divide the dough in half, shape into a square, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or best overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325, prepare cookie sheets by using parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Remove the cookie sheet and transfer to cookie rack, sprinkle powdered sugar.