This has got to be one of my most favorite lemon flavored cakes yet! Lemon Cake!! What’s so awesome about this recipe is, you can just replace the pudding to your favorite flavored pudding and it will still taste just as amazing!!
I have to admit something to you though, I was a little hesitant to make this because I prefer to bake chocolate desserts which you probably noticed on my YouTube channel. I ventured to the fruity desserts so I can expend my horizon of desserts and try something different.
For a step-by-step tutorial of this recipe you can watch my video tutorial below. SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL and never miss a recipe! (It’s free!) and new video posts on FRIDAYS !
Don’t forget to watch the step by step video:
Check out the layers!!
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz whipped topping
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- lemon pudding or your choice of flavor
- 3 cups milk
- pecans for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350F and butter the 9x13 inch pan.
- To make the crust, in a large bowl mix together the butter and all purpose flour, next add the pecans. Add the crust to the pan, press down, and bake in the oven at 350F for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- In another bowl, add the cream cheese, whipped topping, powdered sugar and mix together then set the bowl aside.
- In another bowl, add the pudding, 3 cups of milk and mix until it forms a custard.
- To layer, first add the cream cheese mixture (not all of it, because you will need some later), then add the all the custard, then finish with the rest of the cream cheese mixture. Garnish with pecans.
- Place in the freezer overnight if you would like a frozen treat or place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours until chilled. Serve immediately.