Indulge in a creamy and refreshing coconut smoothie, packed with the natural goodness of coconut and the perfect balance of sweetness. Made with just a few simple ingredients, this tropical treat is the perfect way to start your day or cool off on a hot afternoon.
Benefits of Coconut Meat
- Great source of fiber
- Has a high amount of manganese that is needed to metabolize fat and supports functions of enzymes in the body
- Has a high content of medium-chain triglycerides that are used by the body to produce energy
- Boosts heart health
- Helps maintain a healthy digestive tract
- May improve the body’s immunity
Tips and Procedures:
- When blending, make sure to place the hardest ingredient near the blade. Ice cubes are usually the hardest to liquefy, so put them in at the bottom, where the blade is.
- Serve the smoothie immediately or keep it in a container and freeze it. Thaw at room temperature when you are about to serve.
- You can freeze the coconut smoothie after blending it and blend it again when you are ready to serve it.
- If you do not have soy milk, you can use almond milk, cashew milk, coconut water, or coconut milk.
- Add frozen banana or pineapple for more variations for a thicker and creamier consistency.
- Sweetener: Use honey, maple syrup, stevia, or monk fruit, as an alternative sweetener choice.
How to Make Coconut Smoothie:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- fresh coconut meat
- ice cubes
- agave syrup
- chia seeds
- plant-based milk (I used soy milk)
Blend fresh coconut meat, ice cubes, agave or honey, chia seeds, plant-based milk, and in a blender until creamy and smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes in a high-speed blender:
This coconut smoothie is best served immediately after blending all the ingredients.
Enjoy a healthy drink!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Yes, coconut is a great addition to smoothies! It is packed with nutrients that can have numerous health benefits.
Yes, you can. To prevent it from discoloration, freeze it then blend it again when you are ready to serve it.
You can use that as is. It will make the smoothie much cooler after blending.
Yes, it can, as it contains a lot of vitamins, minerals, and fiber that can keep you full for hours.
Q: I have frozen coconut meat. Do I have to defrost it when making this smoothie?
A: You can use that as is. It will make the smoothie much cooler after blending.
More delicious and healthy smoothie recipes:
- Avocado Milkshake
- Cantaloupe Smoothie
- Papaya Banana Smoothies
- Banana Mango Smoothie
- Jackfruit Smoothie
- Guyabano Smoothie
- Filipino Avocado Smoothie
- Cantaloupe Smoothie
- Malunggay Pineapple Smoothie
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Strawberry Smoothie
- Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
Island Bliss: A Coconut Smoothie Delight
- 1 cup fresh coconut meat
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1-2 tablespoon agave syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 cups plant based milk I used soy milk
- Blend fresh coconut meat, ice cubes, agave or honey, chia seeds, plant-based milk, and in a blender until creamy and smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes in a high-speed blender.
- Best served immediately.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!