This 5-Ingredient Tropical Coconut Smoothie is best for a healthy breakfast or light snack and it’s also dairy-free, vegan, and gluten-free!
Benefits of Coconut Meat
- Great source of fiber
- Has a high amount of manganese that is needed to metabolize fat and supports functions of enzymes in the body
- Has a high content of medium-chain triglycerides that are used by the body to produce energy
- Boosts heart health
- Helps maintain a healthy digestive tract
- May improve the body’s immunity
Tips on How to Make Coconut Smoothie:
- When blending, make sure to place the hardest ingredient near the blade. Ice cubes are usually the hardest to liquify so put in at the bottom, where the blade is.
- Serve the smoothie immediately or keep in a container and freeze. Thaw at room temperature when you are about to serve.
- You can freeze the Coconut Smoothie after blending and blend again when you are ready to serve.
- If you do not have soy milk, you can use almond milk or cashew milk
How to Make Coconut Smoothie:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- fresh coconut meat
- ice cubes
- agave syrup or honey
- chia seeds
- plant-based milk (I used soy milk)
Blend fresh coconut meat, ice cubes, agave or honey, chia seeds, plant-based milk, and in a blender until creamy and smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes in a high-speed blender:
Coconut smoothie is best served immediately after blending all the ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions for Coconut Smoothie:
Q: Can I blend this smoothie in advance?
A: Yes, you can. To prevent it from discoloration, freeze it then blend again when you are ready to serve it.
Q: What are the health benefits of coconut meat?
A: Young coconut flesh is a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Q: I have frozen coconut meat. Do I have to defrost it when making this smoothie?
A: You can use that as is. It will make the smoothie much cooler after blending.
Q: Can this smoothie replace a meal?
A: Yes, it can, as it contains a lot of vitamins, minerals, and fiber that can keep you full for hours.
More delicious and healthy smoothie recipes:
- Avocado Milkshake
- Cantaloupe Smoothie
- Papaya Banana Smoothies
- Banana Mango Smoothie
- Jackfruit Smoothie
- Guyabano Smoothie
- Filipino Avocado Smoothie
- Cantaloupe Smoothie
- Malunggay Pineapple Smoothie
- Tropical Green Smoothie
Here’s a 5-Ingredient Tropical Coconut Smoothie that is so refreshing and is best for a healthy breakfast or light snack!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 1-2 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 cup fresh coconut meat
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1–2 tablespoon agave syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 cups plant based milk (I used soy milk)
- Blend fresh coconut meat, ice cubes, agave or honey, chia seeds, plant-based milk, and in a blender until creamy and smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes in a high-speed blender.
- Best served immediately.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!