This creamy mango shake is the best summertime shake recipe. It’s made with using fresh Filipino mango, 5 ingredients, and the popular evaporated milk to give it the Filipino authentic taste.
When I went to the Philippines, I ate so many mangos to the point where every time I ate a mango, I had a very bad stomach ache. Mangos from the Philippines are very good, to quote my sister “It’s like eating candy!” and it is. The mango is very sweet and the mangos in the states or even the imported mangos are not the same. So if you are ever in the Philippines, please stop by a grocery store or a restaurant and try the mangos! With the extra mangos that I had, I made a mango smoothie… I know, I know, the title of the recipe says mango shake, but I realized that mango shake has to include ice cream.. right?
Tips and Tricks for Making This Mango Shake Recipe:
- The best tip for having a delicious mango shake is choosing the right mangoes! When choosing, always look for the natural sweet smell of mangoes. More often than not, sweet-smelling mangoes are of course, sweeter and tastier.
- Taste the mangoes first (just a bit, don’t eat them all up 🙂 ) before mixing them in the blender. If the mangoes are sour, don’t use them as it would turn out into a sour mango shake. Even if you adjust the sugar content, still the sourness would prevail. So always go back to the first tip – choose the sweet mangoes!
- Are you a health buff? Add chia seeds before or after blending the mango shake ingredients. Chia seeds would give you an energy boost after drinking and has loads of health benefits with it.
- If you don’t want to use evaporated milk, you can use fresh coconut milk or almond milk. Yum!
How to Make this Mango Shake Recipe:
Peel the mango and cut out the seed. Before putting the mango flesh in the blender, you can cut them or use a spoon to scoop them out of its “skin”:
Add the mango, ice, water, evaporated milk, and sugar to the blender:
Blend for 2-3 minutes or until everything is blended:
Now pour all the refreshing goodness into your favorite smoothie glass! Yum! This delicious mango shake is best to drink during hot summer days.
Frequently Asked Questions for Mango Shake Recipe:
Q: Would the shake get runny if I made it up the night before I drink it?
A: Yes, I have tried to make it the night ahead and it got runny in the morning because I just placed it in the chiller. What you can do instead is freeze it and blend it again before drinking or serving it to guests.
Q: Can I use any type of mango for this mango shake recipe?
A: I know I am biased but for me, the best mangoes to use for this recipe or any mango shake recipe are the Philippine mangoes. But to answer the question, yes you can. The taste would just vary according to the natural sweetness of the mango.
More Refreshing Drinks that are Easy to Make:Print
An Easy 5 Ingredient Mango Shake that is refreshing on hot summer days!
- Prep Time: 3
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Drinks
- 2 mangos
- 1 1/2 cup ice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Peel the mango and cut out the seed and add the mango, ice, water, evaporated milk, and sugar to the blender
- Blend for 2-3 minutes or until everything is blended.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!