Whip up this refreshing mango shake in an instant for a quick energy boost or for breakfast! It’s made using only 5 ingredients with fresh mangos as the featured ingredient!
A natural pair when drinking Mango Shake is my easy-to-make Suman Malagkit (Sweet Rice Wrapped in Banana Leaves).
When I went to the Philippines, I ate so many mangos to the point where every time I ate a mango, I had a very bad stomach ache. Mangos from the Philippines are very good, to quote my sister “It’s like eating candy!” and it is.
The mango is very sweet and the mangos in the states or even the imported mangos are not the same. So if you are ever in the Philippines, please stop by a farmers market, or a restaurant and try the mangos!
With the extra mangos that I had, I made a mango smoothie… I know, I know, the title of the recipe says mango shake, but I realized that mango shake has to include ice cream.. right?
Tips & Procedures:
- The best tip for having a delicious shake is choosing the right mangoes! When choosing, always look for the natural sweet smell of mangoes. More often than not, sweet-smelling mangoes are of course, sweeter and tastier.
- Taste the mangoes first (just a bit, don’t eat them all up 🙂 ) before mixing them in the blender. If the mangoes are sour, don’t use them as it would turn out into a sour mango shake. Even if you adjust the sugar content, the sourness would prevail. So always go back to the first tip – choose the sweet mangoes!
- If the mango is very sweet feel free to omit the sugar or add less.
- Substitutions: To make this vegan-friendly, use plant-based milk. If you don’t have evaporated milk available, use whatever you have on hand.
- If you’re unable to get fresh mango, frozen mango works well too!
- If you want a creamier smoothie, add bananas, greek yogurt, or even mango ice cream to make it indulgent!
How to Make this Mango Shake Recipe:
Listed below are all the ingredients you will need:
- evaporated milk
- brown sugar
Peel the mango and cut out the seed. Before putting the mango flesh in the blender, you can cut them or use a spoon to scoop them out of its “skin”:
Add the mango, ice, water, evaporated milk, and sugar to the blender:
Blend for 2-3 minutes or until everything is blended:
Now pour all the refreshing goodness into your favorite smoothie glass:
This delicious mango shake is best to drink during hot summer days. Yum!
Frequently Asked Questions for Mango Shake Recipe:
Yes. I have tried to make it the night before and it got runny in the morning because I placed it in the refrigerator. Instead, freeze it, then blend it before drinking or serving it to guests.
Absolutely! It’s delicious!
Absolutely! The best mangos to use are the Philippine mangos (but I’m biased), but any mangos work well, just make sure you use a ripe mango.
Step by Step Video:
More Refreshing Drinks that are Easy to Make:
- 2 mangos
- 1 ½ cup ice
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Peel, chop the mango, and discard the seed.
- In a blender, add mango, ice, water, evaporated milk, and sugar to the blender
- Blend for 1 minute if using a high speed blender or until everything is blended.