These Healthy Vegan Muffins are perfect for those relaxing Sunday mornings. Easy to whip up, it’s crumbly and it doesn’t taste vegan.
Tips and Tricks for Making This Healthy Vegan Muffins Recipe:
- Coating the berries in flour before mixing it to the batter will prevent them from sinking into the bottom of the muffin pan. Seeing berries on the muffin surface makes it more enticing, right? 🙂
How to Make this Healthy Vegan Muffins Recipe:
Before starting off with the mixing process, make sure to preheat oven to 400F and line your muffins pan with cupcake liners.
Now here are the ingredients you will need for the Healthy Vegan Muffins:
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt:
Make a well in the center and add the milk, oil:
Stir until just combined. It’s important not to overmix:
If making 3 different flavors of muffins, divide the batter into 3 bowls and then add the blueberries in one bowl, chocolate chips in bowl #2, and dried cranberries in bowl #3:
Fold the berries into each bowl of batter and be careful not to- do not overmix. (Batter will be thick)
Using a mini cookie scooper add the batter in the baking cups and bake for 8 minutes or when the toothpick comes out crumb-free:
Frequently Asked Questions for the Healthy Vegan Muffins Recipe:
Q: Can I use coconut oil instead of the regular oil used in baking?
A: Sure, you can use coconut oil instead. It makes this recipe more vegan.
Q: Can I add nuts to this recipe?
A: Yes, adding nuts if you are not allergic to them adds more texture to this recipe.
Q: I have frozen berries on my freezer. Do they need to be thawed before folding them into the batter?
A: Using frozen berries in baking is definitely a YES. You don’t have to thaw it before folding them into the muffin batter. It won’t affect the taste of the final baked product.
Q: How long is the shelf life of this healthy vegan muffin?
A: You can safely eat this when left in room temperature for a day. If you want to keep it longer, it could stay up to a week in the fridge, that is, if you won’t be tempted to eat them all 🙂
Q: Can I make this into banana muffins?
A: Sure you can! If you have very ripe bananas on hand, you can add those sweet mashed bananas and you have a delicious and healthy vegan banana muffin! You can also adjust/decrease the sugar since the bananas already have a natural sweet taste to it.
More delicious breakfast recipes you might like:
Healthy Vegan Muffins
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups of organic cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dairy free milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup mini dairy free chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400F and line your muffins pan with cupcake liners
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the center and add the milk, oil, and stir until just combined. It’s important not to overmix.
- If making 3 different flavors of muffins, divide the batter into 3 bowls and then add the blueberries in one bowl, chocolate chips in bowl 2, and dried cranberries in bowl 3 and then fold- do not overmix. (Batter will be thick)
- Using a mini cookie scooper add the batter in the baking cups and bake for 8 minutes or when the toothpick comes out crumb0free
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!