These Mini Banana Muffins are a must have recipe in everyone home. This is an incredibly soft and moist banana muffin recipe made with bakery-style high muffin tops. Topped with a cinnamon sugar streusel no one can’t deny.
Bananas are a staple at my house. I always have frozen bananas on hand and fresh bananas ready to eat. However, a lot of times the bananas end up becoming overripe and it gets that smell of overripe bananas and that’s my signal to bake something with them.
Anyways, this is my favorite banana muffin recipe which everyone always asks whenever I bake them
Tips and Tricks for Making This Mini Banana Muffins Recipe:
- When choosing bananas for this mini banana muffins recipe, go for those bananas with dark or black spots on its skin. That is the best ripe stage of bananas for baking. It is super sweet and makes the muffin soft and moist.
- Sift, sift, sift! Sift the dry ingredients so you get a nice evenly textured muffin batter. It’s not fun eating lumps of flour in between 🙂
- Have you heard of banana bread muffins? You can turn this recipe into that! Just bake in a loaf pan and you have a delicious and healthy banana bread muffins on hand!
- If you are a chocolate lover like ME, feel free to add in some chocolate chips to this mini banana muffin recipe! It is definitely a delicious addition!
How to Make this Mini Banana Muffins Recipe:
Before starting, don’t forget to preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare the ingredients ahead. It saves you a lot of time to lay them all out, plus, you know you are not missing an ingredient.
After you have set your oven to 375 degrees, prepare your muffin pans and muffin liners:
Now, you are all set to mix the ingredients! Let’s begin!
In a large bowl, mix together 1 ½ cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal:
In another bowl, mash the ripe bananas until they are even in texture and smooth enough
After mashing the bananas, mix in the sugar and melted butter:
Beat together bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter:
Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened:
This is how the final batter of the banana muffins after mixing it well:
Place the muffin batter into the muffin liners. I used a small plastic spoon and a bread knife to push the sticky batter:
In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon:
Sprinkle topping over muffins:
Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin, comes out clean:
Tadaaaaa! I promise your whole house would smell so delicious! You can eat them fresh from the oven (but cool them a bit 🙂 ) or let them cool off while making yourself a cup of coffee. It’s the perfect drink to have with these delicious banana muffins!
Frequently Asked Questions for Mini Banana Muffins Recipe:
Q: Can I do this a few days ahead?
A: Yes, sure you can. After baking them and cooling them completely, you can store them in a container and store it in the fridge for a longer shelf life.
Q: Can I use vegetable oil instead of butter to this mini banana muffin recipe?
A: Using oil in this recipe is possible though butter gives out a slightly better taste to the muffins.
Q: Can I add dried fruits to this recipe?
A: Sure, you can add dried fruits like cranberries, blueberries, chocolate chips or even nuts! It depends on your creativity and imagination 🙂
Q: I need a gluten-free muffin. Can I replace the regular all-purpose flour to gluten-free flour?
A: Yes, sure you can. Also, you may also replace any other ingredient that is not gluten-free friendly.
More Banana Desserts:
Mini Banana Muffins
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas mashed
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- Streusel Topping
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare mini muffin pan by adding paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 ½ cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Using a fork, mashed the bananas in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl add mashed bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!