This chocolate chip cookie recipe is a must-have in your recipe book! Perfect for a last-minute chocolate chip cookie craving. Rich, decadent, and so chocolatey! In fact, this is my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Tips on How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Always sift all the dry ingredients before starting the mixing process. It will prevent lumps in your cookies.
- Adjust your cooking time depending on the size of your cookies. Smaller cookies tend to bake faster.
- Store in an airtight container to keep it fresh.
- Double or triple the ingredients listed if you need to make a bigger batch of cookies.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies:
These are the ingredients that you will need:
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- hot water
- all-purpose flour
- chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease cookie sheet.
Then in a mixing bowl, add butter, white sugar, and brown sugar and beat until fluffy:
Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix:
In a small bowl mix 2 teaspoons of hot water and baking soda and add to the mixture:
In a separate bowl mix the salt and all-purpose flour and then add to the wet ingredients:
Then mix in the chocolate chips:
These delicious cookies smell so good, Simply Bakers! You won’t get enough by just eating a cookie or two! 🙂
Frequently Asked Questions for the Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:
Q: Can I bake these ahead?
A: Yes, you can bake these Chocolate Chip Cookies a night before or even days ahead. Just make sure to keep in an airtight container to keep its freshness.
Q: I have homegrown vanilla pods at home. Can I use this?
A: Fresh is always the best. You can use that because it will be better for the cookie’s taste.
Q: I want to use carob chocolate chips. Can I use those for a substitute for the regular chocolate chips?
A: Yes, for sure! You can use carob chocolate chips for this cookie recipe.
Q: Can I use just white sugar for this cookie recipe?
A: If you don’t have brown sugar available, you can use white sugar. It’s just that brown sugar has a more rich sweetness when used in baking cookies that’s why I used both white and brown sugar for this recipe.
Q: Can I double this cookie recipe if I need a bigger batch?
A: Yes, for sure. Just double or triple the ingredients listed below.
Here are more delicious and easy cookie and dessert recipes you can try!
- No-Bake Cookie Dough Truffles
- Cassava Cake
- Best and Easiest Brownies
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- No-Bake Oreo Pie
- Pretzel Cake for Beginners
- Best Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup of butter softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon hot water
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease cookie shoot
- In a mixing bowl, add butter, white sugar and brown sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix
- in a small bowl mix 2 teaspoons of hot water and baking soda and add to the mixture
- In a separate bowl mix the salt and all purpose flour and then add to the wet ingredients. Then mix in the chocolate chips
- Bake for 8-10 minutes for small cookies
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!