Tips on How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Always sift all the dry ingredients before starting the mixing process. It will prevent lumps in your cookies.
- Adjust your cooking time depending on the size of your cookies. Smaller cookies tend to bake faster.
- Store in an airtight container to keep it fresh.
- Double or triple the ingredients listed if you need to make a bigger batch of cookies.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies:
These are the ingredients that you will need:
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- hot water
- all-purpose flour
- chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease cookie sheet.
Then in a mixing bowl, add butter, white sugar, and brown sugar and beat until fluffy:
Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix:
In a small bowl mix 2 teaspoons of hot water and baking soda and add to the mixture:
In a separate bowl mix the salt and all-purpose flour and then add to the wet ingredients:
Then mix in the chocolate chips:
Bake for 8-10 minutes for small cookies:
These delicious cookies smell so good, Simply Bakers! You won’t get enough by just eating a cookie or two! 🙂
Frequently Asked Questions for the Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:
Q: Can I bake these ahead?
A: Yes, you can bake these Chocolate Chip Cookies a night before or even days ahead. Just make sure to keep in an airtight container to keep its freshness.
Q: I have homegrown vanilla pods at home. Can I use this?
A: Fresh is always the best. You can use that because it will be better for the cookie’s taste.
Q: I want to use carob chocolate chips. Can I use those for a substitute for the regular chocolate chips?
A: Yes, for sure! You can use carob chocolate chips for this cookie recipe.
Q: Can I use just white sugar for this cookie recipe?
A: If you don’t have brown sugar available, you can use white sugar. It’s just that brown sugar has a more rich sweetness when used in baking cookies that’s why I used both white and brown sugar for this recipe.
Q: Can I double this cookie recipe if I need a bigger batch?
A: Yes, for sure. Just double or triple the ingredients listed below.
Here are more delicious and easy cookie and dessert recipes you can try!
- No-Bake Cookie Dough Truffles
- Cassava Cake
- Best and Easiest Brownies
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- No-Bake Oreo Pie
- Pretzel Cake for Beginners
- Best Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup of butter softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon hot water
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease cookie shoot
- In a mixing bowl, add butter, white sugar and brown sugar and beat until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix
- in a small bowl mix 2 teaspoons of hot water and baking soda and add to the mixture
- In a separate bowl mix the salt and all purpose flour and then add to the wet ingredients. Then mix in the chocolate chips
- Bake for 8-10 minutes for small cookies
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
PINTEREST / FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Wow! I need this recipe!
Awww, thank you Bonnie!
I have made these cookies a bunch of times and they are so devine. Family and customers love them. Thanks for the wonderful recipe.
That’s awesome to hear, Leigh! Thank you so much for trying out my recipe and sharing it to your family and customers!