These vegan banana oatmeal pancakes are made with simple ingredients balanced to perfection! Serve with vegan butter and maple syrup for the perfect breakfast!
I love pancakes! I grew up eating pancakes every other Saturday right before we went to church! My grandma always made them, and she made them very thin and crispy- almost like crepes.
Many years later, I started making pancakes myself, but I usually made them dairy free because I was trying to remove eggs and dairy milk from my diet (I was challenged by a book I read, but more on that on another post).
After trying many different kinds of pancake recipes, I found adding bananas made the pancakes even better!! Okay, I have to admit I LOVE bananas!! I eat them almost every day in smoothies, ice cream, bread, you name it. 😄
Take a look at that fluffy stack of pancakes! 😍 I find that these pancakes taste best when you add bananas on top and drown it with maple syrup. Or you can be a bit healthier and add only 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and some fresh fruit like blueberries or even some peanut butter, and chia seeds!
Listed below are some tips I found when cooking these pancakes:
- Use low heat when cooking the pancakes
- Don’t touch the pancakes while it’s cooking
- It takes about 4-5 minutes of cooking on one side and 1 minute on the other side
- If you like chunky pancakes, don’t blend it as much
- These pancakes don’t bubble when cooked so don’t look for that signal
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! Make sure to tell me in the comments what’s your favorite breakfast recipe!
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other breakfast recipes:
How to Make Vegan Banana Oatmeal Pancake:
Start off with your ripe bananas and toss it into the blender.
Since I use a Vitamix, I can mix all the ingredients together on high for about 2-3 minutes. Remember if you’re using a regular blender, blend the oats on high speed to make oat flour, then add the rest of the dry ingredients followed by soy milk. Also feel free to use a food processor if you have one available.
The batter will resemble regular pancake batter when it’s finished blending. If there are still chunks, keep blending until it’s smooth.
Can you freeze the pancakes? Yes you can, but you have to freeze the pancakes after you cook it and it’s completely cool.
Something to note, I am working to make this a gluten-free recipe so stay tuned!
Other questions you may have? See below:
1. I don’t have baking powder, can I use baking soda?
For this recipe no.
2. Can I use all-purpose flour?
Yes, you can.
More Breakfast Recipes:
BEST Vegan Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup oatmeal**
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup soy milk
- vegan butter for pan
- In a high-speed blender, add the bananas, oatmeal, baking powder, salt, milk and blend until the batter has a pancake-like consistency.
- Preheat a flat pan over medium-low
- Scoop ¼ cup of pancake batter onto pan. Cook for about 2-4 minutes on one side, cook until golden brown or about 30 seconds.
- Serve hot with maple syrup